AI at least won 1 game this postseason

AI played every minute this afternoon, he is a man on a mission. There is basically close to no chance that the Sixers come back and win this series now that they're down 3 games to 1 but I'll still be cheering for him, AI is the man.

Not enough rocks to go around with Vince and AI on the same team. Gimme back KMart and you can have him.
\

:lol::shock: T! Vince CARRIED the club down the stretch! You can't hate on him for this series! Shaq clogs that line like nobody else, and Vince couldn't get a call to go his way to save his life! KMart? I remember him disappearing in the playoffs a few times.

Vince dosen't run the floor like KMart. It disturbs Kidd's rythm. He's not suited for the half-court game. He never had to wait for KMart to establish position. Also defense is conducive to the running game. Vince is clearly lacking in that category.

Did you see Shaq take 4 steps and run over Kristic in the 3rd qtr? When he went to the foul line I knew it wouldn't be our day. Up till then the refs were keeping a good eye on him.

Vince dosen't run the floor like KMart. It disturbs Kidd's rythm. He's not suited for the half-court game. He never had to wait for KMart to establish position. Also defense is conducive to the running game. Vince is clearly lacking in that category.

Did you see Shaq take 4 steps and run over Kristic in the 3rd qtr? When he went to the foul line I knew it wouldn't be our day. Up till then the refs were keeping a good eye on him.

I can't kill them for losing this series, man. What did they shoot from 3, like 70%? They fought like hell to get this far and they just ran out of gas two weeks ago. Still, they could have rolled over two months ago and nobody would have noticed, so at least it's a good sign for next year.

And Vince, IMO, is exactly what Kidd needs. Remember last season, nobody could get their own shot? They'd be in a half-court set with Kidd dribbling around the perimeter hoping Jefferson got open and then it would end up with Lucius Harris chucking up an off-balance three. I will guarantee you that if you asked Kidd, he'd take Carter over KMart any day of the week.

And who knows? Denver might be willing to deal KMart back to us just to get rid of the contract. He hasn't earned it this season at all, and KMart still loves Rod Thorn. The Nets don't have any good contract matches, but they might have some salary cap space opening up when Zo's contract comes off the books. Could be some three-way dealing going on.

Not so sure about that. I still say the transition running game is Kidd's forte. You won't get that with Vince. It's a shame they never got the shooting guard or C they needed. Either of these would've put them over the top in the last few years. Now they're on the downswing. Too many pieces needed and the owner seems more interested in real estate than sports. The other G's shouldn't even be in the NBA and you cannot start The People's Choice under any circumstances. Lots of moves to make and I don't even think the owner's willing. The Vince move got him off the hook with all fans except this one. He basically fell in his lap because noone else wanted to pay him. No excuse for dismantling a very competitive team. Say what you want about last year's version, but you can argue that they were better than the 2 before. Though we didn't get to the finals, that time we brought the eventual champs to 7 games.

Not so sure about that. I still say the transition running game is Kidd's forte. You won't get that with Vince. It's a shame they never got the shooting guard or C they needed. Either of these would've put them over the top in the last few years. Now they're on the downswing. Too many pieces needed and the owner seems more interested in real estate than sports. The other G's shouldn't even be in the NBA and you cannot start The People's Choice under any circumstances. Lots of move to make and I don't even think the owner's willing. The Vince move got him off the hook with all fans except this one. He basically fell in his lap because noone else wanted to pay him. No excuse for dismantling a very competitive team. Say what you want about last year's version, but you can argue that they were better than the 2 before. Though we didn't get to the finals, that time we brought the eventual champs to 7 games.

T, Ratner ate like $20 mil of Zo's contract to get him out of here, so that has to be encouraging. I'm still not sold on him either, but when you look at the end result of the moves the Nets made--dumping Kittles (who played 10 games this year for a million per game) and letting KMart walk for the max, which Denver already regrets doing, it wasn't all that bad. The Nets transition game was hurting because Vince was playing the 3 and they didn't rebound worth a damn. Can't run if you don't have the ball. Plus, with Krstic and Collins both starting, that is an incredibly slow team on the floor. Throw in the fact that Jacques Vaughn or Travis Best is filling a lane (neither of whom can finish on the break) and the Nets had no choice but to slow it down. IMO, if they get a decent PF in the draft or as a free agent, and a SG (Ray Allen?), they will be balls to the walls next year. That is, unless Kidd decides he's not playing in Brooklyn.

Archived