Brandon Stokley Signs a FA Deal ....

L.I.MikeBleedsGreen

Its a one year deal and he'll be the slot man with Walker and either Rod Smith or Brandon Marshall to the outside. Good pick-up for the Broncos. There could very well be a New England vs. Denver AFC Championship Game showdown like many are already predicting.

Its a one year deal and he'll be the slot man with Walker and either Rod Smith or Brandon Marshall to the outside. Good pick-up for the Broncos. There could very well be a New England vs. Denver AFC Championship Game showdown like many are already predicting.

So the teams that spend the most and/or acquire the most players in the offseason will make the championship game?

And you call yourself a Yankee fan.;)

So the teams that spend the most and/or acquire the most players in the offseason will make the championship game?

And you call yourself a Yankee fan.;)

You're looking at it too quickly my friend. Any fan who sits down and thinks for 10 seconds would see what Denver and New England are doing are the same thing they have always done. They are building through FA and the draft just with more noticeable players because the salary cap his higher. For example:

Denver:

Travis Henry: Eaisly their best back since Clinton Portis. He makes one move and he's gone which is great for a Denver offense.

Brandon Stokley: Gives the team a much needed slot receiver / 2nd option.

Daniel Graham: Will give them a red zone target but more importantly an extra offensive lineman which will allow Tony Scheffler to get out in the open field more often.

Dre Bly: They got him in a trade where they got rid of Tatum Bell who they did not like at all and George Foster, not the greatest offensive lineman in the NFL, thats for sure. Bly gives Denver, if they keep him, the best Cornerback duo in the NFL.

Now for New England..

Sammy Morris: Replaces Corey Dillon and is a guy Belichick wanted to draft years ago.

Kyle Brady: Replaces Graham, nuff' said.

Wes Welker: Gives the Patriots a much needed slot man AND a lethal Punt Returner / Kick Returner so Maroney doesn't have to put himself in further risk of an injury.

Donte Stallworth: Gives the Patriots a much needed #1 Wide Receiver for a season.

Kelly Washington: 1 year deal, a nice small pick-up who maybe they can find his talents more then Cincy could, maybe not, it's a gamble but not a huge one.

Adalius Thomas: Gives the Patriots the best Front 7 in the NFL hands down. OH and they also didn't overpay for him. You see guys like Porter getting 5 years, 32 mill but 20 mill guarenteed and Clements with 8 years - $80 million. Thomas signed a 6 year - $39.5 million deal with only what? $10 mill guarenteed?

Trust me, New England and Denver spent their money VERY VERY wisely. Take off those homer Jet green glasses please. Not just you raffy, everybody.

You're looking at it too quickly my friend. Any fan who sits down and thinks for 10 seconds would see what Denver and New England are doing are the same thing they have always done. They are building through FA and the draft just with more noticeable players because the salary cap his higher. For example:

Denver:

Travis Henry: Eaisly their best back since Clinton Portis. He makes one move and he's gone which is great for a Denver offense.

Brandon Stokley: Gives the team a much needed slot receiver / 2nd option.

Daniel Graham: Will give them a red zone target but more importantly an extra offensive lineman which will allow Tony Scheffler to get out in the open field more often.

Dre Bly: They got him in a trade where they got rid of Tatum Bell who they did not like at all and George Foster, not the greatest offensive lineman in the NFL, thats for sure. Bly gives Denver, if they keep him, the best Cornerback duo in the NFL.

Now for New England..

Sammy Morris: Replaces Corey Dillon and is a guy Belichick wanted to draft years ago.

Kyle Brady: Replaces Graham, nuff' said.

Wes Welker: Gives the Patriots a much needed slot man AND a lethal Punt Returner / Kick Returner so Maroney doesn't have to put himself in further risk of an injury.

Donte Stallworth: Gives the Patriots a much needed #1 Wide Receiver for a season.

Kelly Washington: 1 year deal, a nice small pick-up who maybe they can find his talents more then Cincy could, maybe not, it's a gamble but not a huge one.

Adalius Thomas: Gives the Patriots the best Front 7 in the NFL hands down. OH and they also didn't overpay for him. You see guys like Porter getting 5 years, 32 mill but 20 mill guarenteed and Clements with 8 years - $80 million. Thomas signed a 6 year - $39.5 million deal with only what? $10 mill guarenteed?

Trust me, New England and Denver spent their money VERY VERY wisely. Take off those homer Jet green glasses please. Not just you raffy, everybody.

I'm not disagreeing that either team made wise moves this offseason. I'm just saying that there's a lot that's going to happen between now and the AFC championship game and that there's no way that offseason maneuvering garuantees much of anything.

Personally, I think the pats fans are up for a major let down this year. Jmo.

And no, I will not take off my green glasses.;)

Both of these teams remind me of last years Redskins:

The Washington Redskins (five signings) have been bold in the early going. The Redskins signed wide receiver Antwaan Randle El, safety Adam Archuleta and linebacker Andre Carter and traded for wideout Brandon Lloyd, a restricted free agent.

Archived