Arod is as good as gone.

madmike1

And he could have very easily vetoed that trade. THEN where do they go?

His trade value is not great on the open market. Funny to say, but it is so.

Any team that trades for him, realizes that he may very well be only a one year thing. Of course, they have the option of opening up to his demands, but who wants to pay that exhorbitant amount, ON TOP of giving up players in a trade?

The way you desscribed the process is not reasonable

If you think he didn't have a high measure of trade value you're kidding yourself. Both Heyman and Verdicci wrote many times about how many teams were asking about arod and how much the yankees could've gotten back in return for him. You said that he had no trade value in the middle of last season and you're just as wrong now as you were then.

Players are asked to waive their no trade clauses AFTER trades have been worked out the vast majority of the time.

If the yankees had worked out a trade involving him and then he turned it down then you have the same situation you have right now. It doesn't hurt the yankees at all. But thats not what happened.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply
A-Rod after the Detroit series

"My commitment is 100 percent. Unconditional," he said. "I want to be a Yankee. I don't want to go anywhere, and I can't be more clear. I hope they don't want to trade me, because I don't want to go anywhere."

"I mean, if they're dying to get rid of me," he said when asked whether he would consider it. "I hope not. I mean, I'm 100 percent committed to being a Yankee and that's the only place I want to play. & I believe I can be part of the solution here. I've had success in New York -- in the regular season. I have to find it in the postseason."

Yep, clear as day that he wanted out...the Yanks really dropped the ball on this one

Those are teh quotes I remember. There was one more. It went along the lines of that he would refuses all trades, since he wanted to be here and win a WS in a Yankee Uniform.

Yeah, thats a BRILLIANT way to drive up trade value.

hey, MLB, we have a player we are DYING to get rid of, please give us great value in return.

Yeah, that happens.

That would've had no effect on the trade value considering when he would've waived his NTC (after a trade is completed) and the amount of teams that were interested in him (many.)

If you think he didn't have a high measure of trade value you're kidding yourself. Both Heyman and Verdicci wrote many times about how many teams were asking about arod and how much the yankees could've gotten back in return for him. You said that he had no trade value in the middle of last season and you're just as wrong now as you were then.

Players are asked to waive their no trade clauses AFTER trades have been worked out the vast majority of the time.

If the yankees had worked out a trade involving him and then he turned it down then you have the same situation you have right now. It doesn't hurt the yankees at all. But thats not what happened.

OK, Mike, back up what you said-When did I ever say DURING LAST SEASON (not after the season), that ARod idn't have trade value?

I said thaty AFTER post season. And still believe it.

You need to cease and decist with the attributing quotes to other people that never happened.

Oh, and sure, it doesn't hurt the Yankkes at all that they are stuck with a player they just told they are DYING TO GET RID OF.

Do you even believe the stuff you type?

OK, Mike, back up what you said-When did I ever say DURING LAST SEASON (not after the season), that ARod idn't have trade value?

I said thaty AFTER post season. And still believe it.

You need to cease and decist with the attributing quotes to other people that never happened.

Oh, and sure, it doesn't hurt the Yankkes at all that they are stuck with a player they just told they are DYING TO GET RID OF.

Do you even believe the stuff you type?

You keep basing your argument on a faulty time frame just like you did last time you made this stupid statement (that he had no value) after the post season. The yankees had teams LINING UP to trade for him as reported by many sources. They would've worked out the trade FIRST and then went to arod, sat him down and told him they wanted him to waive his no trade clause. If he does then they would've traded him, if not he stays like he is now. The FACT is that the yankees didn't try to do that so it's a moot point.

You keep basing your argument on a faulty time frame just like you did last time you made this stupid statement (that he had no value) after the post season. The yankees had teams LINING UP to trade for him as reported by many sources. They would've worked out the trade FIRST and then went to arod, sat him down and told him they wanted him to waive his no trade clause. If he does then they would've traded him, if not he stays like he is now. The FACT is that the yankees didn't try to do that so it's a moot point.

You just changed your argument. You said befoore that the Yankees had to FIRST tell him they were DYING to get rid of him.

Tell us Mike-What were the Yankees getting offered in return for A-Rod?

Was he willing to waive his opt out clause?

Was he wanting to renogotiate before a trade would be accepted?

You just changed your argument. You said befoore that the Yankees had to FIRST tell him they were DYING to get rid of him.

I NEVER SAID they should ask him to be traded before they had a trade worked out. NEVER.

When 8 teams want a player I'm not crazy in assuming that they would be getting something of value back in players and prospects.

The opt out would have to be worked out with the team that trades for him. I never said it would be easy but the yankees never even tried.

The Angels would offer Santana, and maybe a kid prospect. Not Vlad. Since A-Rod is argumentally the best player in the game, that is not fair value for him.

The Angels would offer Santana, and maybe a kid prospect. Not Vlad. Since A-Rod is argumentally the best player in the game, that is not fair value for him.

If the trade was Santana + Wood + something else. Thats a HELL of a lot better then him walking after this year for nothing... not even a draft pick.

Except for the fact that i'm saying the exact same thing now as i've always said despite the BS you spew.

I seem to recall you saying that A Rod told the Yankees he'd be willing to go if they traded him...did you not? Now that the quotes have proven you 100% wrong, the Yankees were stupid not to work out a deal first and then tell him about it later.

backpedal....backpedal....backpedal

I seem to recall you saying that A Rod told the Yankees he'd be willing to go if they traded him...did you not? Now that the quotes have proven you 100% wrong, the Yankees were stupid not to work out a deal first and then tell him about it later.

backpedal....backpedal....backpedal

You really should take some reading classes. I said that he said that if the yankees really wanted to trade him he'd accept the trade which is what he said. I NEVER said the yankees should go to him asking about a trade before they had one worked out. That makes ZERO sense and i would never say it despite your retardation.

you are absolutely hilarious...your initial argument..the reason you started this thread was to say that the Yankees dropped the ball by not trading A-Rod because A-Rod himself said he'd be willing to go if the Yankees didn't want him. When EXACT QUOTES from the player and his agent proved you to be completely wrong you took the discussion in a completely new direction.

backpedal...backpedal...backpedal

(if you think it's annoying that I keep typing that...think how annoying it is for us to watch you do it all the time)

I won't shed any tears if he leaves either but the point is that the yankees will get NOTHING in return for him when they should've got something this past offseason.

This was your initial point...the Yankees "should've gotten something" for a player that said he would not waive his no trade clause. You then said he stated a willingness to do it but you couldn't provide any links/proof...when proof was given to the contrary you changed your direction...typical

you are absolutely hilarious...your initial argument..the reason you started this thread was to say that the Yankees dropped the ball by not trading A-Rod because A-Rod himself said he'd be willing to go if the Yankees didn't want him. When EXACT QUOTES from the player and his agent proved you to be completely wrong you took the discussion in a completely new direction.

backpedal...backpedal...backpedal

(if you think it's annoying that I keep typing that...think how annoying it is for us to watch you do it all the time)

How annoying is it to be a complete retard with no reading comprehension? What did you get on the reading comprehension part of the SAT? 100? Now that must be tough. Show me ONE PLACE where i said that the yankees should ask arod about waiving his no trade clause BEFORE having a trade in place. ONE.

How annoying is it to be a complete retard with no reading comprehension? What did you get on the reading comprehension part of the SAT? 100? Now that must be tough. Show me ONE PLACE where i said that the yankees should ask arod about waiving his no trade clause BEFORE having a trade in place. ONE.

It's hard to keep up with you the way you constantly change your direction. See the above post.

This was your initial point...the Yankees "should've gotten something" for a player that said he would not waive his no trade clause. You then said he stated a willingness to do it but you couldn't provide any links/proof...when proof was given to the contrary you changed your direction...typical
THEY NEVER ASKED HIM TO. You have no way of knowing if he would or not.

weren't you the guy crying about hurt feelings and personal attacks yesterday? Just checking.

It's hard to keep up with you the way you constantly change your direction. See the above post.

Sorry 100SAT boy you're the one who changes the direction and gets into purely semantical BS arguments because your arguments have no depth.

THEY NEVER ASKED HIM TO. You have no way of knowing if he would or not.

I know he said he said he was 100% behind remaining a Yankee and his agent said his client had a no-trade clause and he was not going to be moved.

Sorry, did I mess you up with more documented/on the record statements from the actual involved parties that threw off your madmike wish list theory?

Sorry 100SAT boy you're the one who changes the direction and gets into purely semantical BS arguments because your arguments have no depth.

I gotta give it to ya....you are one funny kid...please hang around throughout the season. I never thought there'd be a poster on this board with less credability than JBF and of all things it has to be a Yankee "fan"

I know he said he said he was 100% behind remaining a Yankee and his agent said his client had a no-trade clause and he was not going to be moved.

Sorry, did I mess you up with more documented/on the record statements from the actual involved parties that threw off your madmike wish list theory?

Those statements are purely posturing. he's 100% committed to being a yankee or at least until he bolts after this season. Glad to know you're happy the yankees never made any effort to trade him and gain even a little value and i hope you're happy when he walks and the yankees are left with nothing. I'm not getting dragged into your semantical BS. I'm not responding to your posts anymore. This is a waste of my time.

Those statements are purely posturing. he's 100% committed to being a yankee or at least until he bolts after this season. Glad to know you're happy the yankees never made any effort to trade him and gain even a little value and i hope you're happy when he walks and the yankees are left with nothing. I'm not getting dragged into your semantical BS. I'm not responding to your posts anymore. This is a waste of my time.

how do you know the Yankees didn't try to trade him? There's a legitimate baseball question for you. Do you have a legitimate answer that does not include insults or personal attacks?

ahem.

That would certainly be telling him you don't want him before getting a trade.

It would be AFTER a trade had been worked out and was in place. Why is that so hard to understand? Thats what happens with 99.999% of trades that involve NTC's being waived.

It would be AFTER a trade had been worked out and was in place. Why is that so hard to understand? Thats what happens with 99.999% of trades that involve NTC's being waived.

WHY in God's name would you have to tell him you don't think it is working out AFTER you have worked a trade for him?

It is pretty self evident at that point, wouldn't you say?

Please. please, stop it with this stuff.

WHY in God's name would you have to tell him you don't think it is working out AFTER you have worked a trade for him?

You're on the money SD...I think we all see through it. The kid was wrong and just is not capable of admitting such but asking him to stop is a bit much. I've tried a million times to have a logical debate with the kid but he just can't do it. Thank god for many of the other posters on the baseball forum that balance out acts like this and JBF.

What are you talking about? Thats just how trades happen. A player is approached to waive their NTC after a trade has been worked out and the team you're trading him to/the team trading him has a window to talk to him to convince him to waive his NTC. Thats how all these trades that involve NTC's work. Schilling Johnson Abreu Arod the first time and on and on.

What are you talking about? Thats just how trades happen. A player is approached to waive their NTC after a trade has been worked out and the team you're trading him to/the team trading him has a window to talk to him to convince him to waive his NTC. Thats how all these trades that involve NTC's work. Schilling Johnson Abreu Arod the first time and on and on.

I am trying to figure out WHY you have said the Yankeees needed to tell him they were DYING to get rid of him. YOU said it, not me. You said they did not do good enough job of that.

Now, go ahead and say you didnt say it.

LOL, protocol for you.

Archived