Mangini has done GREAT in less than 2 seasons with this team. POINT BLANK

Plain and Simple, Black and white. I don't really care what "Troll" or "Dark-Sider" or negative Jets fan has to say. Honestly I'm starting to think learning under BP who IMO will go down as one of the best football coaches to ever coach a team and BB who may go down as one of the best coaches in the salary-cap-era.

In 2 seasons Mangini has had 2 great drafts IMO. Yea we only drafted 2 players in the 1st day of his 2nd draft, and we only have 2 2nd day drafts with a 6th and a 7th... Remember M.Colston who the Saints picked up last season? Under Mangini and this coaching staff you never know... We can bring in another impact player who can make plays for years to come.

In less than 2 seasos Mangini went and drafted a Franchise LT In Ferguson and a future All-Pro Center in Mangold which in the NFL through FA and the Draft is actually really hard to accomplish in just 2 rounds of drafting.

I grew up and still live in Florida, when we drafted Leon "Neon" Washington from FSU in the 4th round on the 2nd day of the draft, I was like WOW... We now have a play-maker in the back-field. I loved Curtis my Favorite Martin but this kid in Leon can do some things that not even Martin could do. He can take a screen pass and turn it into a 60 yard gain (I have seen it over and over, and to tell you the truth this kid was the ACC Player of the year before the injury and in my eyes is going to be just as good if not better than W.Dunn)

B.Smith can be our "Slash" and to be honest even if this kid does not turn into the Slot WR we all want him to be, he is still going to be a player where the D has to key in on and pay attention to at ALL TIMES... In my eyes I call that a play-maker.

J.Cotchery broke alot if not all of T.Holts recieving records while playing at NC State... That speaks volumes itself. Mangini came and took Cotch out of Herms dog-house and look what happened... He became one of my favorite Jets in a matter of 16 games and a playoff game where he was one of our stars.

This front office with Mangini has done so many things to improve this JEts team that it's not even funny

Drafting Ferguson and Mangold on the O-Line helped us out for the next 8-10 seasons.

Drafting Leon Washington made me believe that this young coach is looking for some young-guns as some play-makers.

Drafting a QB in the 2nd round in KC means that he realizea and understands that C.Pennington has had injury problems in the past. Better to be safe than sorry (Brooks Bolling, Vinny T, Kliff Kingsbury)

Paying attention to J.Cotchery and giving this man a shot='s worth the Mangini pick-up as the head coach... Bottom line, he seen Cotch is a big time player and makes some big time plays

T.Jones was just the icing on the cake before the draft. I know one thing... Leon Washington is going to run buck wild behind a runner like Thomas Jones who has always been and is going to be a true work-horse for the next 3-4 seasons.

With the draft

We went and drafted a CB in the 1st round for the 1st time since A.Glenn who was one of the best Jet Corners ever in my eyes. Going after Revis and actually trading up for this shut-down corner means alot to me. That means he needs to add a solid play-maker in the secondary to help out with K.Rhodes who became a star over night. D.Revis is going to be a play-maker as a Punt Returner, and a solid CB in the seconday for years to come.

And David Harris... Man oh man did I go nuts. This kid from Michigan brings Speed, Leaderships, Quickness, Hard Hitting and TOUGH! Thats one thing he is... Tough.

Playing alongside Vilma, Barton, and B.Thomas and behind players like D.Robertson and S.Ellis and a bunch of DE's other than KIMO... This kid is going to be a stud in this 3-4 D. Yes the D-Line is important in the 3-4 as is the Secondary but it starts with the LB's and we have 2 hell of ILB's in my eyes.

I knew last season when we drafted Brick and Leon that we had a solid draft. I know we did the same this year in 2 picks.

Brick

Mangold

Cotch

Rhodes

Leon

KC

Revis

D.Harris

D.Coleman

Thank you Mangini

Archived