If anything the Pats could have traded A.Samuels for some picks

Nah, they did the right thing (unfortunately):

1) a superbowl contender doesn't trade away its top CB

2) if they really were interested in a first-rounder this year they wouldn't have traded away one of the two they already had

Do you think he will really hold out? And if he does hold out, how bad will that hurt NE's secondary?

Is it just me, or do the Pats have alot of holes if not just ? Marks?

Do you think he will really hold out? And if he does hold out, how bad will that hurt NE's secondary?

Is it just me, or do the Pats have alot of holes if not just ? Marks?

IF Samuel signs, the only real hole we have is at ILB. If not, we have a hole in the secondary too but I think that can be covered by our ridiculous front 7.

I can see the Pats doing with Samuel what the Bills did with Clements. Sign him to a 1 year deal with the stipulation that they will NOT franchise him again next year. In the mean time they can try and hammer out a long term deal during the next 9 months.

I can see the Pats doing with Samuel what the Bills did with Clements. Sign him to a 1 year deal with the stipulation that they will NOT franchise him again next year. In the mean time they can try and hammer out a long term deal during the next 9 months.

No way in hell they give him a long term deal. They would have already done it at this stage of the game.

Archived