NFL | Offseason | Worst to First

rick34125

Worst to first: Ranking the NFL off-seasons

Peter Schrager / FOXSports.com

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/6...40813162&ATT=5

And then there was May ...

After three months of high-profile coaching changes, general manager switches, scouting combines, free-agent signings, cuts, waiver wire pickups, contract negotiations, franchise tags, draft stock rises, draft stock slips, trades, franchise tags, players who hate their franchise tags, and a whole lot of Brady Quinn talk

...continued...

12. Arizona Cardinals

There's a new boss in town in Arizona, and hopefully a new culture too. The joke of the draft was the fact that the Cardinals were on the clock before lunchtime for what felt like the twentieth year in a row. Ken Whisenhunt and Co. will try to reverse that trend. The defensive backfield improved in the off-season with the signings of Terrence Holt from Detroit and Roderick Hood from Philadelphia. On the offensive line, Mike Gandy and Al Johnson were signed as well. Then the Cardinals flat out cleaned up at the draft. My favorite draft class of all 32 NFL teams, Arizona had five picks and knocked each one out of the park. Levi Brown will be Russ Grimm's offensive line anchor for the next 10 years, Alan Branch was a top ten pick who slipped because of combine scores, and Buster Davis, Steve Breaston, and Ben Patrick could all be starting on opening day. Phenomenal job for Arizona.

Biggest gain: Levi Brown, OL _Biggest loss: Leonard Davis, OL

Are they in better shape than they were in January? Leinart and that offense were just hitting their stride as the season came to an end. Edgerrin James recorded his first big game of the season, Larry Fitzgerald and Anquan Boldin were hauling in receptions, and the defense was playing tough. Insert Whisenhunt and Grimm

I like this list...except for beefalo at 14??? Don't get that one, as most are raping the jills for their offseason efforts. The Jets at 7 sounds about right, and even though it sucks donkey balls, they are correct to have NE #1. I also agree with the niners being #2; they could be very good this year in a relatively weak division (Seattle will tank IMO).

Haha, Askew our biggest loss. I'm more inclined to believe that Barlow was our biggest lost, but that's just my opinion.

Our biggest loss was Patrick Ramsey. We could have used extra competition in camp that Marques Tuiasosopo cannot provide. Barlow and Askew got replaced by players that are significantly better (Jones and Barnes), but we downgraded at the QB position.

Regardless, if Ramsey, Barlow and Askew are our biggest losses this offseason, we are in for a real treat next season.

Archived