Falcons | Team to pursue Green?

Smizzy

Falcons | Team to pursue Green?

Sat, 2 Jun 2007 08:04:03 -0700

Barry Jackson, of the Miami Herald, reports the Atlanta Falcons may have interest in pursuing Kansas City Chiefs QB Trent Green, according to several media reports. Green's agent, Jim Steiner, however, said he has not heard from the Falcons or any other team other than the Miami Dolphins.

**** Miami!!!

**** Miami!!!

They would be very wise for Atlanta to pursue Green. An indictment of Michael Vick in Virginia I'm sure is to be coupled with some sort of suspension given by Goodell. Falcons have seen how a team can fall apart when Joey Harrington takes the reins. Bring in a guy like Green to at least give you a year or two of a decent QB at the helm should Vick either be suspended or maybe even released.

I tell you one thing though. I bet you the Falcons are definitely regretting that Matt Schaub trade.

They would be very wise for Atlanta to pursue Green. An indictment of Michael Vick in Virginia I'm sure is to be coupled with some sort of suspension given by Goodell. Falcons have seen how a team can fall apart when Joey Harrington takes the reins. Bring in a guy like Green to at least give you a year or two of a decent QB at the helm should Vick either be suspended or maybe even released.

I tell you one thing though. I bet you the Falcons are definitely regretting that Matt Schaub trade.

Or they think Schaub was over rated and got rid of him while his value was still sky high...

Schuab's career stats

Completed 84 out of 161 passes for 52%

1,033 yards

6 TD's

6 INT's

69.2 QB rating

Or they think Schaub was over rated and got rid of him while his value was still sky high...

Schuab's career stats

Completed 84 out of 161 passes for 52%

1,033 yards

6 TD's

6 INT's

69.2 QB rating

At this point, do you think the falcons would rather have, a untested QB who has the talent to be a good QB in the NFL or a QB that has proved to fail as both a leader and QB with both teams he's been on. Harrington is no Jim Plunkett.

I would love to see Miss Cleo starting at Quarterback for the Miami Dolphins.

But, its highly unlikely the Vick case goes on until after the '07 season and they already have Harrington, Redman, Randall and Shockley in camp.

Archived