Pacman Jones will not appeal his suspension

faba

Jones Drops Appeal of Suspension

By DAVE GOLDBERG, AP Football Writerdocument.write

NEW YORK - Tennessee Titans cornerback Adam "Pacman" Jones withdrew the appeal of his suspension Tuesday and will serve the one-year term imposed by NFL commissioner Roger Goodell.

"I understand my responsibilities to my teammates, the Titans and my fans and I am committed to turning my life around and being a positive member of the NFL," Jones said in a statement issued by his agent.

Jones met with Goodell at NFL headquarters Tuesday and was accompanied to New York by agent Michael Huyghue.

"Last week, I asked for an opportunity to meet privately with commissioner Goodell," Jones said in the statement. "I met with him earlier today to tell him about the steps I have taken to change my life since being suspended by the NFL. I accept the discipline that's been imposed on me and I am withdrawing my appeal."

Goodell suspended Jones on April 10 for a series of off-field episodes. He has been interviewed by police 10 times and been arrested five times since he was drafted in 2005. Jones and his attorneys appealed the suspension May 11. It could be reduced to 10 games if Jones meets all the restrictions set by Goodell.

Huyghue said Jones intended to keep working out and would go back to school, taking courses online from West Virginia University, where he played.

first smart move he's made. looks like his lawyers/agents finally talked some sense into him. too bad it wasn't before he ratted out every other NFL player in his "but, but look what these other guys did!!!" letter.

I'm pretty sure the "rat out" letter was from the NFLPA, not Pacman or his attorneys. Besides, did it mention one single incident that wasn't already public knowledge? Since we all knew about all this ****, like Joey Porter and Chris Henry, how was it "ratting" anybody out?

I'm pretty sure the "rat out" letter was from the NFLPA, not Pacman or his attorneys. Besides, did it mention one single incident that wasn't already public knowledge? Since we all knew about all this ****, like Joey Porter and Chris Henry, how was it "ratting" anybody out?

sigh. you an i, always these worthless sematics games. is your job not challenging enough for you? ok i guess it didn't divulge anything new but it's still a rat that tries saves himself by bringing up stuff others have done. you may think it's acceptable because it's not illegal but it's a little dishonorable.

Smart move by Pacman. After 10 games he can be reinstated if he doesn't do anything stupid and clears up the problems in Georgia and Vegas, if I understand correctly. Hopefully this will be the changing point in his career where he can settle down and stop worrying about "making it rain" and can start worry about Marvin Harrison, Reggie Wayne, Matt Jones and Andre Johnson (top WR's he'll face in the AFC South).

sigh. you an i, always these worthless sematics games. is your job not challenging enough for you? ok i guess it didn't divulge anything new but it's still a rat that tries saves himself by bringing up stuff others have done. you may think it's acceptable because it's not illegal but it's a little dishonorable.

Semantics or not, I guess I just expect more from you. You did not mention the important part of my post: PACMAN and HIS ATTORNEYS DID NOT WRITE THE LETTER. THE NFLPA DID. The NFLPA may well be "more than a little dishonorable", but that shouldn't reflect on Jones.

Semantics or not, I guess I just expect more from you. You did not mention the important part of my post: PACMAN and HIS ATTORNEYS DID NOT WRITE THE LETTER. THE NFLPA DID. The NFLPA may well be "more than a little dishonorable", but that shouldn't reflect on Jones.

you're wrong. here's the link to the post and to the document, submitted by pacman's lawyers on his behalf. read the first sentence of the letter. i expected more from you. :)

http://www.jetnation.com/forums/showpost.php?p=517159&postcount=1

you're wrong. here's the link to the post and to the document, submitted by pacman's lawyers on his behalf. read the first sentence of the letter. i expected more from you. :)

http://www.jetnation.com/forums/showpost.php?p=517159&postcount=1

You mean the one that says "CONFIDENTIAL, NOT FOR PUBLIC DISSEMINATION" all over the top? Unlike some people, I can admit I was wrong. This wasn't an open letter to the press, but good enough. I only saw the letter from the NFLPA.

You mean the one that says "CONFIDENTIAL, NOT FOR PUBLIC DISSEMINATION" all over the top? Unlike some people, I can admit I was wrong. This wasn't an open letter to the press, but good enough. I only saw the letter from the NFLPA.

just busting your chops, i just want to hate pacman and don't really need a reason :)

Archived