Night Gallery

MrsTaborJet

Anyone out there remember Night Gallery, Rod Serling's follow-up series to The Twilight Zone? For you youngins' out there I'm talking late 60's into the 70's.

The pilot episode The Cemetery, scared the HELL out of me, but I always watched it when it was on. Roddy McDowall plays this bastard nephew who does away with his uncle to get the inheritance.

There is this mysterious painting on the staircase wall that keeps changing and shows his uncle slowly rising from the dead from the nearby family graveyard. Slowly driven to insanity by the thought of his uncle coming after him from the grave Roddy falls down the stairs in terror and breaks his neck. The last change to the painting is the uncle's corpse at the front door about to knock and then you hear someone knocking on the door! Eeeeeerie.

Anyone remember this? I think it would freak me out today as it did when I was a kid. :shutit:

ngcemeteryhf3.jpg

Anyone out there remember Night Gallery, Rod Serling's follow-up series to The Twilight Zone? For you youngins' out there I'm talking late 60's into the 70's.

The pilot episode The Cemetery, scared the HELL out of me, but I always watched it when it was on. Roddy McDowall plays this bastard nephew who does away with his uncle to get the inheritance.

There is this mysterious painting on the staircase wall that keeps changing and shows his uncle slowly rising from the dead from the nearby family graveyard. Slowly driven to insanity by the thought of his uncle coming after him from the grave Roddy falls down the stairs in terror and breaks his neck. The last change to the painting is the uncle's corpse at the front door about to knock and then you hear someone knocking on the door! Eeeeeerie.

Anyone remember this? I think it would freak me out today as it did when I was a kid. :shutit:

ngcemeteryhf3.jpg

Night Gallery was even scarier than Twilight Zone, IMHO.

IIRC, the pilot for Night Gallery consisted of 3 segments. The one you mentioned, there was a second one which I don't recall, and the third one was with Richard Kiley being an escaped **** in Buenos Aires. That was the one that creeped me out but good.

Every day Kiley would go to the museum and look at a picture of a fishermen on a mountain lake. When the **** hunters pursued him, he managed to get into the museum at night and made his way to the picture in the dark. He then asked his God to put him in the picture, and you hear a long scream. Someone turns on the lights, and the picture had been changed to one of the Crucifixion (sp?) and Kiley's face had replaced that of Jesus'. I almost got sick right there.

There were some other beauties too, like the one where the person was getting phone calls from someone deceased (don't remember all the specifics) and after she/he went nuts, they found a downed phone line on the grave. Yikes.

Great series.

Night Gallery was even scarier than Twilight Zone, IMHO.

IIRC, the pilot for Night Gallery consisted of 3 segments. The one you mentioned, there was a second one which I don't recall, and the third one was with Richard Kiley being an escaped **** in Buenos Aires. That was the one that creeped me out but good.

Every day Kiley would go to the museum and look at a picture of a fishermen on a mountain lake. When the **** hunters pursued him, he managed to get into the museum at night and made his way to the picture in the dark. He then asked his God to put him in the picture, and you hear a long scream. Someone turns on the lights, and the picture had been changed to one of the Crucifixion (sp?) and Kiley's face had replaced that of Jesus'. I almost got sick right there.

There were some other beauties too, like the one where the person was getting phone calls from someone deceased (don't remember all the specifics) and after she/he went nuts, they found a downed phone line on the grave. Yikes.

Great series.

I think the second one was "Eyes" with Joan Crawford... directed by a young Spielberg!

http://www.nightgallery.net/index.html?season_0.html&2

I think the second one was "Eyes" with Joan Crawford... directed by a young Spielberg!

http://www.nightgallery.net/index.html?season_0.html&2

THat is correct and the story is Crawford at first refused to work with a nobody director

at that time

I loved Night Gallery -- I was 11-12 years old when that was one Wednesday night 10 pm

used to scare to poop out of me

One story where tho old man tells the kids to go into the field and did a hole 6 feet deep and ther you will find a BIG SURPRISE -- Was one of my favorites

If you have Direct TV there is now the Chiller channel and they repeat the old episodes

every morning -- Unfortunatly ther are very dated and do not seem nearly as scary as they did back in the day --

Archived