Tannenbaum per Adam Schein on SNY's NFL Insider

Kentucky Jet

As Per Adam Schein: GMs Around the League Support Tannenbaum

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As per Adam Schein (this bozo below who I am not a big fan of at all):

http://msn.foxsports.com/fe/img/Wri...adshots/278.jpg

Adam is SNY's "NFL Insider" and he says he has traveled to 12 different teams training camps around the NFL thus far. He claims to have spoken to multiple GMs, scouts, and other agents and they all seem to take the Jets' and Tannanbaums side in regards to the Revis situation and that they all (virtually unanimously) blame Schwartz (Revis' agent) for the current situation and for how far it has all gone.

He claims that the common belief amongst other GMs, scouts, and agents is that Schwartz should be thanking the Jets for moving up and taking Revis at #14 since he would not have gone in that spot otherwise and may not have been drafted until picks 16-18. They are saying that Schwartz should be ecstatic with the extra money that this earned both him and his client and that he should be more then flexible in getting a deal done since he would essentially be playing with house money.

He did however end the segment by saying that the situation now is an absolute mess and there is zero conversations or progress being made at this time as the two sides are not even talking at this point.

and they all seem to take the Jets' and Tannanbaums side in regards to the Revis situation and that they all (virtually unanimously) blame Schwartz (Revis' agent) for the current situation and for how far it has all gone.

I trust Tannenbaum, this does not surprise me.

And the Diamond Council recommends you spend two months salary on an engagement ring.

The Jets moved up because the Steelers were expected to take him with the very next pick. Being that they got their man in camp with a 5 year deal, it doesn't seem like the Jets did Revis any favors at this point.

As Per Adam Schein: GMs Around the League Support Tannenbaum

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As per Adam Schein (this bozo below who I am not a big fan of at all):

http://msn.foxsports.com/fe/img/Wri...adshots/278.jpg

Adam is SNY's "NFL Insider" and he says he has traveled to 12 different teams training camps around the NFL thus far. He claims to have spoken to multiple GMs, scouts, and other agents and they all seem to take the Jets' and Tannanbaums side in regards to the Revis situation and that they all (virtually unanimously) blame Schwartz (Revis' agent) for the current situation and for how far it has all gone.

He claims that the common belief amongst other GMs, scouts, and agents is that Schwartz should be thanking the Jets for moving up and taking Revis at #14 since he would not have gone in that spot otherwise and may not have been drafted until picks 16-18. They are saying that Schwartz should be ecstatic with the extra money that this earned both him and his client and that he should be more then flexible in getting a deal done since he would essentially be playing with house money.

He did however end the segment by saying that the situation now is an absolute mess and there is zero conversations or progress being made at this time as the two sides are not even talking at this point.

very interesting. nice post. i didn't even think of this before. it makes a lot of sense. i have a lot of respect for Tannenbaum. it looks like a lot of GM's do too

Archived