Postgame Overview: Jets vs. Patriots

Warfish

Why?

Opening drive: 7 plays zero points.

Followed by 2 - "3 and outs" zero points.

A TD drive.

A three and out with over a minute in the first half starting at your 30. Nugent is good right? Zero points.

A ten play drive that resulted in a punt. Zero points.

Another TD drive which made it 28-14.

What did I miss?

This the same BS you and your pals spew. Apparently a player on a team that loses can't possibly have done anything well... That only applies to jets though...

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You cant get your asses kicked around in the trenches and expect to be able to exert your will on the outcome of the game.

D-Rob is not a NT. The NT is the key piece in the 3-4, and this CS had made a committment to change the defense in spite of not having the proper personnel to do it. The CS is stubborn and at fault for not devising a better base scheme for their personnel, and failed to upgrade the KEY spot (NT) to accompany their committment to the 3-4.

This is dead on accurate. The more and more I think about, the more I wonder why this staff has force-fed a specific D-Scheme on a group of talent exceedingly illsuited (Specificly Vilma and D-Rob) to run it.

No...you were enamored by his 130 QB rating.

What good did it do? None.

That argument is complete BS. just way another for you and scum like you to come on here and try to rub it in. MANY things go into winning and losing games. A loss doesn't negate the positive things players do in the game.

Mangini almost certainly looks back at not going for 4th an 1 inside Pats territory as a mistake.

It's just one game.Though losing a division game at home to the top team probably means that any shot at the division is done. The schedule amke really srewed us giving us the Pats on opening day.

No matter. I still believe we're headed in the right direction and have great leadership. What we don't have is the horses. If the Pats are the measuring stick, the Jets are still way short. 3 things nagging me looking abck on recent drafts-this Jets team needs quality big bodies on both lines. I hope Revis is great, because he will have to justify why we don't have 2 bodies instead of 1. Same with the Robertson mess, and Bradway's Doug Jolly/Nugent mess.

As in another thread, dumping Kendall, pain in the a$$ he might be, looked bad today.

As to the QB situation, enough bashing of the fans.Pennington is what he is,and there will come a day Mangini figures Clemens or someone else will be a better option. I think it's more frustration with Brady being 6-0 vs. Pennington's Jets at the Meadowlands.

We on our way, but it's gonna take longer than we thought. The playoffs can still be had this season. But the Jets are not close to an elite team-yet.

This is dead on accurate. The more and more I think about, the more I wonder why this staff has force-fed a specific D-Scheme on a group of talent exceedingly illsuited (Specificly Vilma and D-Rob) to run it.
I don't give a hoot about schemes and wilting violets who cammot play 3-4 or 4-3. THAT IS A BVLLSH!T EXCUSE.

The Jets front 7 doesn't generate a pass rush or make plays. If you're going to give Tom Brady 6,7,8,9, 10 seconds, he will pick you apart. So spare us all the crap about whether Ellis, Thomas, Robertson, Vilma et all line up here or there. It's still comrs down to beating a man and getting to the QB. And they don't do it.

And that trading Andre Dyson-forget it. Barrett is awful. On Welker's TD, he totally whiffed on an arm tackle and was generally toasted all day.

Mangini almost certainly looks back at not going for 4th an 1 inside Pats territory as a mistake.

It's just one game.Though losing a division game at home to the top team probably means that any shot at the division is done. The schedule amke really srewed us giving us the Pats on opening day.

No matter. I still believe we're headed in the right direction and have great leadership. What we don't have is the horses. If the Pats are the measuring stick, the Jets are still way short. 3 things nagging me looking abck on recent drafts-this Jets team needs quality big bodies on both lines. I hope Revis is great, because he will have to justify why we don't have 2 bodies instead of 1. Same with the Robertson mess, and Bradway's Doug Jolly/Nugent mess.

As in another thread, dumping Kendall, pain in the a$$ he might be, looked bad today.

As to the QB situation, enough bashing of the fans.Pennington is what he is,and there will come a day Mangini figures Clemens or someone else will be a better option. I think it's more frustration with Brady being 6-0 vs. Pennington's Jets at the Meadowlands.

We on our way, but it's gonna take longer than we thought. The playoffs can still be had this season. But the Jets are not close to an elite team-yet.

Yeah right. Did you see what the Steelers did today? That's one wild card spot right there. The other is going to go to either the Bengals or Broncos. Don't forget the Jags, and don't look now but the Titans aren't too shabby either. We got lucky last year. The Broncos were in transition. The Bengals and Steelers both had QBs coming off injuries. All these teams are now reaching their potential, which was always higher than ours. You need strong QB play to compete in the AFC, forget any delusions of building a great defense and a strong ball control offense. The top AFC teams all have a great defense and a great offense, it's like bringing a knife to a gunfight.

Obviously we don't have a good defense, and our offense is bad outside of the QB. But let's say we even had all those things, I still don't think we'd have enough unless Chad developed into a top QB in the league (which I don't rule out).

I don't give a hoot about schemes and wilting violets who cammot play 3-4 or 4-3. THAT IS A BVLLSH!T EXCUSE.

The Jets front 7 doesn't generate a pass rush or make plays. If you're going to give Tom Brady 6,7,8,9, 10 seconds, he will pick you apart. So spare us all the crap about whether Ellis, Thomas, Robertson, Vilma et all line up here or there. It's still comrs down to beating a man and getting to the QB. And they don't do it.

And that trading Andre Dyson-forget it. Barrett is awful. On Welker's TD, he totally whiffed on an arm tackle and was generally toasted all day.

You're not going to see me defend these guys today. If it's a battle fo "beat your man", you're right, we didn;t do it today in any form.

However, I would not so quickly ignore the Scheme. The Patriots may have horses on D, but it's the schemeing that has made them great all this time.

Bit from column A, bit from column B......comes down to the same thing, a very poor showing.

Archived