Ok honestly, what do you think is Tangini's Reasoning

hoping4ASuperBowl

To keep Roberston around this far? Is it maybe about his contract and feel its not worth trading him yet, or do they really think he can catch onto this 3-4 scheme even when a NT is more physical.

I just want to understand how the front office feels they can still try and go with this group unless theirs some legitimate reason behind it. I want an NT just as much as everyone else here, and I dont think Robertson's the answer, and I have a feeling Mosley and Pouha cant do it either.

To keep Roberston around this far? Is it maybe about his contract and feel its not worth trading him yet, or do they really think he can catch onto this 3-4 scheme even when a NT is more physical.

I just want to understand how the front office feels they can still try and go with this group unless theirs some legitimate reason behind it. I want an NT just as much as everyone else here, and I dont think Robertson's the answer, and I have a feeling Mosley and Pouha cant do it either.

I believe that it could be simply faulty logic. I don't think that catching on is the problem, he simply does not have the size to deal with the big lines. I think that twice in the first qt I saw DR being flattened and countless other times, I see him being pushed around. I just don't understand how simply catching on could make up for the fact that he lacks the minimum necessary size and strength.

DROB's not nearly as bad as the fans make him out to be. it's that simple. the defense held strong at certain points yesterday, and they weren't getting any help from the offense until the 4th quarter.

is he a dominator like the 4th pick in the draft should be? no he's not. But he's still a very good defensive tackle, one that 31 other teams would sign no questions asked.

DROB's not nearly as bad as the fans make him out to be. it's that simple. the defense held strong at certain points yesterday, and they weren't getting any help from the offense until the 4th quarter.

is he a dominator like the 4th pick in the draft should be? no he's not. But he's still a very good defensive tackle, one that 31 other teams would sign no questions asked.

But not at that salary. Which means that he has value to us, but we can't trade him anyway. If you don't think Robertson can hack it you should know for a fact that Mosley and Pouha can't. Mosley in particular is even smaller than DROB.

i actually agree with you about DRob doing a decent job. it doesn't change the fact that he along with vilma have more value in a 4-3 than 3-4. the jets would be better suited trading one/both players and getting value in return rather than letting them walk away for nothing. that has to be the most important lesson to learn from the pats - its better to get something in return than nothing and all players are replaceable.

Archived