Schotgini vs. Chad

serphnx

CS or QB? Which needs to step up?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. CS or QB? Which needs to step up?

• Schottgini are in over their heads, they should open a paper tissue factory instead
    • Chad put-put Pennington just doesn't have the gun, hell water pistol to make the throws
    • Hermcuffs. Herm is still secretly the HC of the NYJ

So who's fault is it? Does Chad take brilliant offensive gameplans and turn them into conservative dumpoff fests, or is Chad brilliantly executing a terrible offensive gameplan predicated on dink and dunk? Has little Schotty been channeling Martyball? Is Chad incapable of throwing over 20 years? You guys tell me.

So who's fault is it? Does Chad take brilliant offensive gameplans and turn them into conservative dumpoff fests, or is Chad brilliantly executing a terrible offensive gameplan predicated on dink and dunk? Has little Schotty been channeling Martyball? Is Chad incapable of throwing over 20 years? You guys tell me.

If there was a combo of the two top picks, Id pick that. Herm has his hands full with his own team. LOL

How about "None of the above" The OL stinks.

What the offense can do is limited by the OL. I agree that Chad has a very weak arm for an NFL QB, but even if we had Namath back there, he would get killed trying to throw deep.

Clemens, as much as I like him, took as many sacks as he did, because he held on to the ball to long.

Hopefully, the OL will gel, not betting on it though. For right now the dink, and dunk will have to continue,

Perhaps in the off season the OL will gat healed, Clemens will unseat Chad, and all will be good in Jets Land..

For this game, we can pray that Chad has one of his better games, and exploits the Giants aggressiveness, the Jets get a few breaks.

It is what it is

For now I blamed it on Herm.

Why not?

I think the blame goes all around

As much as I love Chad YOU HAVE TO AT LEAST TAKE SHOT DOWN THE FIELD. Last year the would dink, dink, dink, and then take a shot just to keep the defense somewhat honest. This year, have we even seen one shot down the field ? Take a look at his TD passes this year. Now maybe I'm wrong but it seems like all his TD have been basically jump balls in the corner of the end zones where either.

1) The receiver catches the ball

or

2) The ball end up thrown out of bounds.

Even if he throws a pick take a shot at least.

As far as the Schottenheimer is concered. Offenses need to evolve. Do something enough times and teams are going to figure it out. The job of the OC is to ALWAYS stay a step ahead of the defense. Right now Schottenheimer has not done that.

The problem with the Jets offense right now as it has been since Herm took over back in 2001 is that they are an offense that would rather trick you then just go out there and play smash mouth Pittsburgh Steeler football or throw the ball all over the field ala the Rams.

Just take a shot this weekend. Keep taking shots. If Chad can't even take a shot down the field then put Clemens in there and be done with it already.

If it were me. I would put the rock in Jones hands and say "OK OL here is your chance to establish the identity goes out smash some holes and lets get this thing rolling".

Archived