Every other year Chad

MTJ06

2002.....9-7.....Playoffs

2003.....6-10.....No Playoffs

2004.....10-6 .....Playoffs

2005.....4-12.....No Playoffs

2006.....10-6.....Playoffs

2007.....1-3.....??????

For all of those who say every year Chad plays he takes us to the playoffs, and when Chad plays we win, take a look at our record over the past 6 years. 2002 Chad comes in and plays well we go to the playoffs, 2003 we would then have a tougher schedule Chad plays 10 games throws 13tds and 12 ints and we dont make the playoffs. 2004 we should then have an easier schedule after going 6-10 in 2003, and Chad plays 13 games throws 16tds and 9 ints and we make the playoffs. 2005 tougher schedule after the 2004 playoff run, Chad plays 3 games before getting hurt 2 tds 3 ints. 2006 easy schedule after a 4-12 season in 2005 Chad comes back 17tds 16 ints and we make the playoffs. 2007 tougher schedule after making playoffs in 2006, and we are off to a 1-3 start. It seems pretty obvious that he only leads this team to wins after we have a bad year and get the easier schedule, otherwise we would at some point have back to back productive years and make the playoffs in consecutive seasons. I guess the Chad fan base is ok with the idea that we will be a bad team this year, in hopes that next year when we have the easy schedule Chad will again be able to lead us to the playoffs. Look at our record, the trend is obvious.

2007.....1-3.....??????

For all of those who say every year Chad plays he takes us to the playoffs, and when Chad plays we win, take a look at our record over the past 6 years. 2002 Chad comes in and plays well we go to the playoffs, 2003 we would then have a tougher schedule Chad plays 10 games throws 13tds and 12 ints and we dont make the playoffs. 2004 we should then have an easier schedule after going 6-10 in 2003, and Chad plays 13 games throws 16tds and 9 ints and we make the playoffs. 2005 tougher schedule after the 2004 playoff run, Chad plays 3 games before getting hurt 2 tds 3 ints. 2006 easy schedule after a 4-12 season in 2005 Chad comes back 17tds 16 ints and we make the playoffs. 2007 tougher schedule after making playoffs in 2006, and we are off to a 1-3 start. It seems pretty obvious that he only leads this team to wins after we have a bad year and get the easier schedule, otherwise we would at some point have back to back productive years and make the playoffs in consecutive seasons. I guess the Chad fan base is ok with the idea that we will be a bad team this year, in hopes that next year when we have the easy schedule Chad will again be able to lead us to the playoffs. Look at our record, the trend is obvious.

So.... does the data say that Chad's abilities don't fare well against teams that have winning records, or in other words, good football teams?

The reality is - Chad has 10 times in his career led a Jets team to victory against a team that finished the season with a winning record. 6 of those wins were against teams that finished with an astounding 9-7 record. The remaining 4 teams/wins (and I borrow from the football mind of our own Sperm Edwards) were:

2004, wk 2 (SD) - they were 1-0 coming off a 4-12 season (about to start out 1-2). Brees looked like he was about to be benched. They certainly weren't 12-4 when the Jets beat them.

2004, wk 4 (Buf) - Buf was 0-3 at the time, not 9-7.

2005, wk 2 (Mia) - Chad beat the team that would start 3-7, not the team that finished 6-0.

2004, wk 15 (Sea) - Chad beat a 9-7 Seattle team. Nevermind that 8 of those 9 wins came against teams .500 or worse themselves. The lone winning team they beat was 11-4 Atlanta in week 17 who was resting their starters (took out Vick after 1 series, etc). But for that, Seattle gets smoked, they finish 8-8, & it's one less "winning" team Chad beats.

4 of the other wins 9-7 wins all came way back in 2002 (Miami, Denver, NE, GB).

Does that data suggest that our current starting QB is the guy to take us to the SuperBowl?

All the no offensive line/no defense/no runningback/no.... no my azz

Chad Pennington = no SuperBowl. Not this year - not next year - not the year after - not never. Get him outta here.

2007.....1-3.....??????

Buffalo was a tough opponent Sunday?

So.... does the data say that Chad's abilities don't fare well against teams that have winning records, or in other words, good football teams?

The reality is - Chad has 10 times in his career led a Jets team to victory against a team that finished the season with a winning record. 6 of those wins were against teams that finished with an astounding 9-7 record. The remaining 4 teams/wins (and I borrow from the football mind of our own Sperm Edwards) were:

2004, wk 2 (SD) - they were 1-0 coming off a 4-12 season (about to start out 1-2). Brees looked like he was about to be benched. They certainly weren't 12-4 when the Jets beat them.

2004, wk 4 (Buf) - Buf was 0-3 at the time, not 9-7.

2005, wk 2 (Mia) - Chad beat the team that would start 3-7, not the team that finished 6-0.

2004, wk 15 (Sea) - Chad beat a 9-7 Seattle team. Nevermind that 8 of those 9 wins came against teams .500 or worse themselves. The lone winning team they beat was 11-4 Atlanta in week 17 who was resting their starters (took out Vick after 1 series, etc). But for that, Seattle gets smoked, they finish 8-8, & it's one less "winning" team Chad beats.

4 of the other wins 9-7 wins all came way back in 2002 (Miami, Denver, NE, GB).

Does that data suggest that our current starting QB is the guy to take us to the SuperBowl?

All the no offensive line/no defense/no runningback/no.... no my azz

Chad Pennington = no SuperBowl. Not this year - not next year - not the year after - not never. Get him outta here.

Where did you find this? I didn't pay for the search function.

absolutely not, but they may have been if they didnt have a ton of injuries especially on D. Chad got picked by the 3rd string CB, pretty funny.

I thought Chad loses when the competition is stiff. Buffalo is not stiff competition. Unless you're arguing they made him look like a stiff. But that's really reading into it I think and I try to be unbiased here.

2007.....1-3.....??????

Learn your facts before you post something like this....the "easier schedule" thing only effects two games in an entire NFL season anymore..

Every Year Jets play (as does everyone else in NFL)

6 Division Games

4 Games against one division in thier conference

4 games against one division in opposite conference

2- "easy games" as you call them- against the two remaining teams in conference that finished in same seed as you....if you finish in 2nd- you play the two other 2nd places teams...

Your stats are BS....Chad missing significant time in 03, and 05...Jets lose...it happens....would happen to most teams losing thier starting QB...

If him getting hurt is your problem...than you do have an point....but he has only missed one game in last 21- so he is getting better at that...so injury prone maybe....year to year player? no you dont know what you are talking about...

with this logic maybe we should start clemens this year and then chad next year!

GO Jets this weekend!!!!

I thought Chad loses when the competition is stiff. Buffalo is not stiff competition. Unless you're arguing they made him look like a stiff. But that's really reading into it I think and I try to be unbiased here.

Please do that. Max has intrusted you with an important job and your opinion needs to be unbiased.

Archived