WHY IS MANGINI SO STUBBORN?

leonwash29

#10 is awful, i've known this for a while. His weak arm and horrible awareness is nothing new. Why do we start a redneck who is nothing but a backup qaurterback? What can he do better then any other starting nfl qb besides being awful? Start the future NOW. The seasons over... this team isn't going to win 9 of 11 games face the facts. Why waste our f*cking time and watch this disaster continue to bring us down? The season is over, which means you give Clemens some experience rather then hopefully :rolleyes: open the season next year with nothing. Its not a hard thing to see or realize, this front office and coaching has to know better. Im sick of watching this p*ssy playing qaurterback for the New York Jets.

We are not retooling, we are rebuilding.

However, LJ, the mantra of this CS is to win as many games as possible. same as it was last year.

At 1-5, saying we are rebuilding without playing the young guys (including the QB) is not playing for the future. playing vets is playing for now. And the CS has stunk it up this year with their gameplans and playcalling.

"Rebuilding" is the rationale for a team that has regressed from last season, when really they should be doing better in their second year of the system.

We are not retooling, we are rebuilding.

However, LJ, the mantra of this CS is to win as many games as possible. same as it was last year.

At 1-5, saying we are rebuilding without playing the young guys (including the QB) is not playing for the future. playing vets is playing for now. And the CS has stunk it up this year with their gameplans and playcalling.

"Rebuilding" is the rationale for a team that has regressed from last season, when really they should be doing better in their second year of the system.

I bolded the middle portion of your post, because, although I agree with all your post, that is the most important.

I'm longing to see what Clemens can do at this point as well, and am anxious to see him in action.

But like you, I don't believe merely changing quarterbacks will change their success. There are other problems as you and I know.

First most, our O-line is still quite young and raw. Perhaps playing in front of Chad is a better learning and experience building experience for them than playing behind Clemons?

As a fan, I want something to change, but if I was Mangini, I wouldn't be so quick to pull the trigger on the QB postition. He's looking long-term unlike us fans.

It's not like if we plug in Clemons now we're playoff bound. People are kidding themselves if they believe that.

I bolded the middle portion of your post, because, although I agree with all your post, that is the most important.

I'm longing to see what Clemens can do at this point as well, and am anxious to see him in action.

But like you, I don't believe merely changing quarterbacks will change their success. There are other problems as you and I know.

First most, our O-line is still quite young and raw. Perhaps playing in front of Chad is a better learning and experience building experience for them than playing behind Clemons?

As a fan, I want something to change, but if I was Mangini, I wouldn't be so quick to pull the trigger on the QB postition. He's looking long-term unlike us fans.

It's not like if we plug in Clemons now we're playoff bound. People are kidding themselves if they believe that.

Thank God you people are coaches of front office personnel. The season's over?? Start building for next year??? Are you serious??

This team and coaching staff had better not think this season is over. They had better go out there every week and do the best they can to turn this around. And when we are eliminated from the playoffs, we can start preparing for next year. For now, work your ass off and try to win as many as we can.

CLEMENS IS NOT THE ANSWER.

Thank God you people are coaches of front office personnel. The season's over?? Start building for next year??? Are you serious??

This team and coaching staff had better not think this season is over. They had better go out there every week and do the best they can to turn this around. And when we are eliminated from the playoffs, we can start preparing for next year. For now, work your ass off and try to win as many as we can.

Rebuilding doesn't mean having only 2 OL who are part of the rebuilding plan. Rebuilding doesn't mean 90 percent of the defense isn't part of the rebuilding plan. Rebuilding doesn't mean having a RB who won't be here by the time the team becomes good.

I don't buy the rebuilding excuse. Why not play Bender if they are rebuilding? If he's not good, then he might not be part of the rebuilding plan. We know Clarke sure isn't any good. So besides Mangold and DBrick, you have 3 other players who are not part of the rebuilding plan.

Rebuilding to me doesn't mean only bringing in 2 players per season. At that pace, this team might finally become good in 10 years. And by then, half those players you were building around, won't be good anymore.

Rebuilding means improving something. It does not mean the offense gets worse, the defense gets worse and the only excuse you can think of is, "they are rebuilding." That is just lame.

And it's not about KC starting or waiting. It's about the fact if they start Chad for most of this season and they still stink, how is that improving? That means this was a wasted season and then you go into next season having no clue who the starting QB is? And what if KC stinks? Then suddenly all the rebuilding means nothing if you have no QB.

If KC gets about 8-10 games this season, at least you see if the kid can play or not. You get to see if maybe they need to draft another QB this offseason or at least bring in a veteran. They are 1-5 and look like a team that might go 3-13. Starting CHad just means the next two seasons are probable wasted seasons. That isn't rebuilding.

Rebuilding doesn't mean having only 2 OL who are part of the rebuilding plan. Rebuilding doesn't mean 90 percent of the defense isn't part of the rebuilding plan. Rebuilding doesn't mean having a RB who won't be here by the time the team becomes good.

I don't buy the rebuilding excuse. Why not play Bender if they are rebuilding? If he's not good, then he might not be part of the rebuilding plan. We know Clarke sure isn't any good. So besides Mangold and DBrick, you have 3 other players who are not part of the rebuilding plan.

Rebuilding to me doesn't mean only bringing in 2 players per season. At that pace, this team might finally become good in 10 years. And by then, half those players you were building around, won't be good anymore.

Rebuilding means improving something. It does not mean the offense gets worse, the defense gets worse and the only excuse you can think of is, "they are rebuilding." That is just lame.

And it's not about KC starting or waiting. It's about the fact if they start Chad for most of this season and they still stink, how is that improving? That means this was a wasted season and then you go into next season having no clue who the starting QB is? And what if KC stinks? Then suddenly all the rebuilding means nothing if you have no QB.

If KC gets about 8-10 games this season, at least you see if the kid can play or not. You get to see if maybe they need to draft another QB this offseason or at least bring in a veteran. They are 1-5 and look like a team that might go 3-13. Starting CHad just means the next two seasons are probable wasted seasons. That isn't rebuilding.

A major gutting of the team should have taken place immediately under Mangini. I'll fault him for that in hindsight only.

A major gutting of the team should have taken place immediately under Mangini. I'll fault him for that in hindsight only.

POTWN. Couldn't have said it any better myself.

POTWN. Couldn't have said it any better myself.

Good stuff, LJ.

I am one of those fans who thinks Parcells is one of the better football minds around, and when he said last week "this isnt Texaco" I LOL'd!

He knows that replacing one part wont get this team back on track, like changing a spark plug or the battery at the gas station.

At this point, playing Clemens *may or may not* result in better productivity and more Ws, but the best reason to play him this season is to see what he can do in real games.

In that vein, bitonti raised an interesting point this week on JI (I dont know why he didnt start the thread here, too) where he asked "does it really make a difference if Clemens plays 8 games or 11 games?" in order to see what he can do.

It seems likely that the change will come after the bye week, which will allow Clemens to play 8 games. That is a good audition for next year.

As far as the OL goes, they did a decent job blocking for TJ today, but didnt get it done at crunch time, though the playcalling didnt help, either.

It will be interesting to see if Bender can develop into a legit LG, and whether the Jets concentrate on drafting OL and DL next year, since they really dont seem committed to bringing in top guys as free agents.

But one thing I do know: you need to be posting more. :)

Good stuff, LJ.

I am one of those fans who thinks Parcells is one of the better football minds around, and when he said last week "this isnt Texaco" I LOL'd!

He knows that replacing one part wont get this team back on track, like changing a spark plug or the battery at the gas station.

At this point, playing Clemens *may or may not* result in better productivity and more Ws, but the best reason to play him this season is to see what he can do in real games.

In that vein, bitonti raised an interesting point this week on JI (I dont know why he didnt start the thread here, too) where he asked "does it really make a difference if Clemens plays 8 games or 11 games?" in order to see what he can do.

It seems likely that the change will come after the bye week, which will allow Clemens to play 8 games. That is a good audition for next year.

As far as the OL goes, they did a decent job blocking for TJ today, but didnt get it done at crunch time, though the playcalling didnt help, either.

It will be interesting to see if Bender can develop into a legit LG, and whether the Jets concentrate on drafting OL and DL next year, since they really dont seem committed to bringing in top guys as free agents.

Good stuff, LJ.

Is there a difference between 8 games or 11 games? Probably not in the long run, but for a kid who really never started before, it's 3 more games under his belt. What is the point in waiting if they are going to go that route anyway?

Like you said, it's only 3 games. What do you get out of Chad for the next 3 games that would make any difference?

Good stuff, LJ.

Is there a difference between 8 games or 11 games? Probably not in the long run, but for a kid who really never started before, it's 3 more games under his belt. What is the point in waiting if they are going to go that route anyway?

Like you said, it's only 3 games. What do you get out of Chad for the next 3 games that would make any difference?

More of the same, probably.

There are only three theories i can think of as to why Mangini hasnt pulled him yet.

1- He really believes what he is saying, and looks at the glass as half full.

2- He realizes pennington is one of the team leaders, and doesnt want to lose his relationship with the other vets on the team for pulling him too early until they are out of contention (and this gives creedence to the theory that he DID lose a lot of respect for the way he handled kendall last summer).

3- Clemens hasnt lit it up in practice or in understanding the mental part of the offense sufficiently enough to gain the CS confidence.

If it is number one, i have serious doubts as to mangin's competency and judgment. if it is number two, then at least he realizes that he cant act like a sh1t towards vets and expect them to be loyal to him. If it is number 3, we are in really deep sh1t.

There are only three theories i can think of as to why Mangini hasnt pulled him yet.

2- He realizes pennington is one of the team leaders, and doesnt want to lose his relationship with the other vets on the team for pulling him too early until they are out of contention (and this gives creedence to the theory that he DID lose a lot of respect for the way he handled kendall last summer).

3- Clemens hasnt lit it up in practice or in understanding the mental part of the offense sufficiently enough to gain the CS confidence.

If it is number one, i have serious doubts as to mangin's competency and judgment. if it is number two, then at least he realizes that he cant act like a sh1t towards vets and expect them to be loyal to him. If it is number 3, we are in really deep sh1t.

Number 2 makes me have serious doubts as well. Does he really think the way to get respect is to lose games? A losing season and Coles isn't coming back next year, everybody hates his camsp and apparently there's no point since we still suck. Somehow Hermy is attracting talent on defense out in KC, and BB attracts talent as a winner. But how are we going to fix this mess with Mangini? We're going to have to overpay big time for FAs, and that will just piss off our homegrown talent who will pull Pete Kendalls.

Number 2 makes me have serious doubts as well. Does he really think the way to get respect is to lose games? A losing season and Coles isn't coming back next year, everybody hates his camsp and apparently there's no point since we still suck. Somehow Hermy is attracting talent on defense out in KC, and BB attracts talent as a winner. But how are we going to fix this mess with Mangini? We're going to have to overpay big time for FAs, and that will just piss off our homegrown talent who will pull Pete Kendalls.

Overpaying FAs usually results in bringing in players that aren't the best. Arizona Detroit could land FA, but it rarely improve their team.

At some point, Mangini needs to grow some ballz. I think KC needs 8-10 games this season. If he only gets about 4-5, then this season was a waste.

Sometimes you need to take a chance. I mean would Tony Romo have stunk if he started a few seasons back? Or would he be like he is today? Who knows, but Parcell's is no longer the coach of the Cowboys. Maybe he would have won a playoff game or two, maybe not. He'll never know.

Sometimes you have to go with the young gun and hope for the best. Sometimes a player turns into a gamer who doesn't practice well. Right now, Chad P is useless as a QB. He is no longer smart. He has no arm. And the offense can't score. How Chad P gives this team a chance to win makes no sense. I mean they are 1-5 and close to being 0-6. How that's improving or building for the future makes no sense to me.

Overpaying FAs usually results in bringing in players that aren't the best. Arizona Detroit could land FA, but it rarely improve their team.

At some point, Mangini needs to grow some ballz. I think KC needs 8-10 games this season. If he only gets about 4-5, then this season was a waste.

Sometimes you need to take a chance. I mean would Tony Romo have stunk if he started a few seasons back? Or would he be like he is today? Who knows, but Parcell's is no longer the coach of the Cowboys. Maybe he would have won a playoff game or two, maybe not. He'll never know.

Sometimes you have to go with the young gun and hope for the best. Sometimes a player turns into a gamer who doesn't practice well. Right now, Chad P is useless as a QB. He is no longer smart. He has no arm. And the offense can't score. How Chad P gives this team a chance to win makes no sense. I mean they are 1-5 and close to being 0-6. How that's improving or building for the future makes no sense to me.

Archived