MNF - Remember when it was fun to watch?

Smizzy

Yes, I remember it being a big deal to have your team on the show, but never that you couldn't see the hightlights otherwise and Bensonhurst didn't get cable until the 90's, so we didn't have ESPN. Remember the Philly game (I think the playoffs v. Green Bay) where you couldn't see the players on TV because of the fog? How long ago was that?

Fog Bowl was '88 or '89. It was New Year's eve. I remember that.

I grew up in the Poconos and only had teh 3 Networks plus PBS. MNF halftime highlights was a big thing for me.

ESP did not come around until '81 or '82, and even than was not totally highlight oriented.

Which is ahead usually - the sound or the picture?

If the picture is a little ahead I could deal with that. If the sound is ahead of the picture, that kind of sucks.

the sound is ahead by maybe two seconds, IF that. totally blows in baseball and even basketabll but it doesnt matter to me in football

Which is ahead usually - the sound or the picture?

If the picture is a little ahead I could deal with that. If the sound is ahead of the picture, that kind of sucks.

The sound is ahead, and it is disruptive. They do sell a device where you can "slow down" the sound.

Not that big of a deal to me. I am usually screaming at the wife and kids anyway.

Archived