The King

In tonights match-up between the Rangers and Flyers, two of the best goalies of the games squared off and both did not have their strongest night. However, in the shootout, Henrik Lundqvist turned into King Henrik once again as none of the three Flyer shooters scored. Brendan Shanahan scored the Rangers' 2nd goal of the game and scored the lone shootout goal.

King Henrik has won 6 of his last 7

The Rangers have won 4 in a row

and

The Rangers have won 9 of their last 11

:yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

In tonights match-up between the Rangers and Flyers, two of the best goalies of the games squared off and both did not have their strongest night. However, in the shootout, Henrik Lundqvist turned into King Henrik once again as none of the three Flyer shooters scored. Brendan Shanahan scored the Rangers' 2nd goal of the game and scored the lone shootout goal.

King Henrik has won 6 of his last 7

The Rangers have won 4 in a row

and

The Rangers have won 9 of their last 11

:yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

every team gets there hot streak but every team also screws up so dont be too happy yet

Lundquist just excels in shootouts- the Rangers play in OT dictates to be a little cautious because of this.

Yep. It seems in OT they're just finding a way to get the game into a shootout, where 90% of the time they just don't lose.

They are the 3rd worst scoring team in the NHL. What talent are you talking about?

Its kind of hard when you are changing the Centers on your lines to come out of the gates scoring 4 or 5 goals a game. It takes time to gel, just as if you change a decent or grand amount of players on an NFL offense or defense. It takes a few games. October was a learning and getting comfortable period. Now they are ready to rise, as indicated by their November success.

Its kind of hard when you are changing the Centers on your lines to come out of the gates scoring 4 or 5 goals a game. It takes time to gel, just as if you change a decent or grand amount of players on an NFL offense or defense. It takes a few games. October was a learning and getting comfortable period. Now they are ready to rise, as indicated by their November success.

All you do is fling excuses for every negative thing about your team.

i am sick of freaking ranger fans always making an excuse.

the islanders team is 85% new guys, we gelled with no problem..... *and now we wait for another excuse by a ranger fan*

there winning because of henry. when henry gets to his normal self the rags will lose over and over again.

Lundqvist has already proven himself to be one of the elite goaltenders in the NHL. And they have 15 goals in the last 4 games which shows their offense is coming together, and Sean Avery's return has been an important part of their offense waking up. The line of Avery-Gomez-Shanahan is playing great right now and getting goals every game. The Rangers have won the last 4 games and they've given up at least 2 goals in every one, which shows they are now winning without Henrik having to be absolutely perfect.

October was a new group of guys who didn't really know each other yet and weren't playing that well. November has been those guys coming together and creating chemistry and that is why the Rangers are 7-1 this month.

What were you saying again?

You may want to look in the mirror. You really think the talentless Isles are gonna keep playing this well?

Yeah... why not???

Nothing better than Ranger fans writing off all other teams and then their "talented" team still does nothing in the playoffs.

Rangers suck. Islanders suck. Devils suck.

When one of them win again they will have the bragging rights. until then they all suck.

Its no wonder people hate Ranger fans... bunch of pompous ass-hats.

and its no wonder people hate islander fans... they're all retarded.

and nobody hates devils fans... there are none.

Yeah... why not???

Nothing better than Ranger fans writing off all other teams and then their "talented" team still does nothing in the playoffs.

Rangers suck. Islanders suck. Devils suck.

When one of them win again they will have the bragging rights. until then they all suck.

Its no wonder people hate Ranger fans... bunch of pompous ass-hats.

and its no wonder people hate islander fans... they're all retarded.

and nobody hates devils fans... there are none.

The Rangers didn't do anything in the playoffs last year? Interesting.

And on the rest: :yawn:

So its an excuse when the Rangers have a slow start but the excuse from Devils fans for Brodeur is "waaaa waaaa he plays too much he's going to have off nights". Give me a break losers. Oh and Islander fans talking, please revert to the 3rd tier team thread. Thanks.

Lundqvist has already proven himself to be one of the elite goaltenders in the NHL. And they have 15 goals in the last 4 games which shows their offense is coming together, and Sean Avery's return has been an important part of their offense waking up. The line of Avery-Gomez-Shanahan is playing great right now and getting goals every game. The Rangers have won the last 4 games and they've given up at least 2 goals in every one, which shows they are now winning without Henrik having to be absolutely perfect.

October was a new group of guys who didn't really know each other yet and weren't playing that well. November has been those guys coming together and creating chemistry and that is why the Rangers are 7-1 this month.

What were you saying again?

the isles ae 5-2 this month which is just as good as 7-1, so dont say the rags are playing excellent when the isles 2 losses were by 1 goal against good teams. oh yeah who was the rangers only loss to again this month??

The Rangers didn't do anything in the playoffs last year? Interesting.

And on the rest: :yawn:

um... no they didnt. Losing in the second round is a failure for such a talented team.

You keep saying over and over again about how great the Rangers are and they went one more round than the pathetic Islanders.

Not much to crow about.... but what do you expect from a typical Ranger fan.

When you lift Lord Stanley's cup again you can have something to brag about... until then you suck like the Isles and Devils.

um... no they didnt. Losing in the second round is a failure for such a talented team.

You keep saying over and over again about how great the Rangers are and they went one more round than the pathetic Islanders.

Not much to crow about.... but what do you expect from a typical Ranger fan.

When you lift Lord Stanley's cup again you can have something to brag about... until then you suck like the Isles and Devils.

Yeah we only had a sweep in the first round and gave the #1 seed in the conference Sabres a run for their money, and the Sabres were definitely the more talented team in that series.

I'm guessing you don't care that much about hockey, you just like to bitch about all the New York area fans. Congrats.

the isles ae 5-2 this month which is just as good as 7-1, so dont say the rags are playing excellent when the isles 2 losses were by 1 goal against good teams. oh yeah who was the rangers only loss to again this month??

Oh my. 5-2 is just as good as 7-1. Have the laws of mathematics changed recently, or are you just really stupid?

Oh my. 5-2 is just as good as 7-1. Have the laws of mathematics changed recently, or are you just really stupid?

Lmfao.

Nyjet10, you're a fool.

Oh and BTW, so much for the Rangers can't win on the road. How's 4 straight for ya?

8-1 this month. :beer:

Yeah we only had a sweep in the first round and gave the #1 seed in the conference Sabres a run for their money, and the Sabres were definitely the more talented team in that series.

I'm guessing you don't care that much about hockey, you just like to bitch about all the New York area fans. Congrats.

you swept the thrashers, anybody wouldve swept them.

wow...junior, let me try to explain this to you:

5 wins = 10 pts

7 wins = 14 pts

therefore, 5-2 is NOT just as good as 7-1.

please, don't show your 6th grade teacher that post, she may not let you play kickball on monday!

wow...junior, let me try to explain this to you:

5 wins = 10 pts

7 wins = 14 pts

therefore, 5-2 is NOT just as good as 7-1.

please, don't show your 6th grade teacher that post, she may not let you play kickball on monday!

i wasnt trying to say there the same, I was trying to say that the isles arent doing bad either. p.s. i'm in 8th grade.

the isles ae 5-2 this month which is just as good as 7-1

i wasnt trying to say there the same, I was trying to say that the isles arent doing bad either. p.s. i'm in 8th grade.

uh...yes, yes you did!

8th grade? shouldn't you be on myspace or something? why on a jets site talking about the Isles all the time?

You still lost in the second round... doesnt matter who you played or how you played. You still lost and went home. And a "talented" team like the Rangers should make it a hell of a lot farther than one more round than the Islanders who suck according to ranger fans.

You can spin it anyway you want, but the reality is the Rangers never live up to their hype.

I care a hell of a lot about hockey.. I care a lot about my Islanders. Notice how I can be objective in my review of the Isles and Rangers and dont wear my rose colored glasses. I havent said anything in any of these posts that werent true. I have no clue in where you get I dont care about hockey.

The problem I have with NY fans (mostly Rangers and Yankees) is they like to smack talk but can never accept the fact that another team can be good. It just makes you a pompous ass. I know the Rangers have good players and the Islanders have a lot of re-treads, but that doesnt mean the Isles will suck ass and the Rangers will win the Presidents trophy or Lord Stanley's cup.

At the end of the year when the Isles lose in the 1st round again and the Rangers lose in the 2nd round again, who will be happy with the season, the ranger or islander fans?

See ya in April.

Archived