To beat Pittsburgh...

Irish Jet

OK, Personally i really don't think we can beat the Steelers but if we are going to pull off an upset here are things that we have to do:

On Offence:

There aint a chance in hell that we are going to run on this team, I mean it. IMO we should come out throwing and keep throwing. Throw to set up the run rather than the other way round. We must spread the field and have Clemens playing out of the shotgun alot. There aren't too many ways to attack this team but I believe we can move on them with a short passing game vs their blitzes. The offensive line will really need to step up or Clemens will be running for his life all day.

On Defence:

I seriously don't know what the hell we can do but I guess the best option would be to stack the box and blitz Ben all day. The real problem I find will be that even if we do get to Ben we wont bring him down. Parker will go over 100, thats almost certain. But we have to try and contain his running, we can't let him break a big one and try and slow him down especially between the 20's (Although then we have Davenport to deal with). I have a bad feeling that Holmes is going to have a big day on our 2nd corner be it Barrett or Dyson presuming Revis is matched up on Ward.

Meh, what can we do? Might as well blitz and hope ben makes mistakes, turnovers are the only way we can win this game.

Special teams:

This is where I feel we may hurt the Steelers. Their coverage team is not good, so Leon could have a few oppurtunities for TD #4. We should at least be able to provide Clemens with some solid field position.

On the flip side, Rossum is a dangerous return man but I trust that our great coverage team can keep him in check.

Nuge must take every oppurtunity presented to him, no misses from inside if 50 this week. If there is I think his future with this team should be put in serious doubt.

Graham needs to pin the Steelers as far back as he can when possible, hopefully he won't be called into action too much.

To be honest, I don't think we stand a chance but lets hope we come of the bye refreshed and ready.

Prediction- Steelers 35 Jets 24

LETS GO JETS!!!!

OK, Personally i really don't think we can beat the Steelers but if we are going to pull off an upset here are things that we have to do:

On Offence:

There aint a chance in hell that we are going to run on this team, I mean it. IMO we should come out throwing and keep throwing. Throw to set up the run rather than the other way round. We must spread the field and have Clemens playing out of the shotgun alot. There aren't too many ways to attack this team but I believe we can move on them with a short passing game vs their blitzes. The offensive line will really need to step up or Clemens will be running for his life all day.

On Defence:

I seriously don't know what the hell we can do but I guess the best option would be to stack the box and blitz Ben all day. The real problem I find will be that even if we do get to Ben we wont bring him down. Parker will go over 100, thats almost certain. But we have to try and contain his running, we can't let him break a big one and force his running to be strong only between the 20's. I have a bad feeling that Holmes is going to have a big day on our 2nd corner be it Barrett or Dyson presuming Revis is matched up on Ward.

Meh, what can we do? Might as well blitz and hope ben makes mistakes, turnover are the only way we can win this game.

Special teams:

This is where I feel we may hurt the Steelers. Their coverage team is not good, so Leon could have a few oppurtunities for TD #4. We should at least be able to provide Clemens with some solid field position.

On the flip side, Rossum is a dangerous return man but I trust that our great coverage team can keep him in check.

Nuge must take every oppurtunity presented to him, no misses from inside if 50 this week. If there is I think his future with this team should be put in serious doubt.

Graham needs to pin the Steelers as far back as he can when possible, hopefully he won't be called into action too much.

To be honest, I don't think we stand a chance but lets hope we come of the bye refreshed and ready.

Prediction- Steelers 35 Jets 24

LETS GO JETS!!!!

:yeahthat:

I don't throw these "upset" predictions around, however I really think we will upset the Steelers this week, call it a hunch, I just got that feeling for some reason. Pitt will take us lightly and we will pounce on them in an ugly weather game. With Harris on defense and Jones on offense (both steeler like players) we will be victorious. Not only that, but even if its a bad weather game, its not like we have Pennington back there anymore, so we can still throw deep with Clemens.

Jets 20

Steelers 16

I don't throw these "upset" predictions around, however I really think we will upset the Steelers this week, call it a hunch, I just got that feeling for some reason. Pitt will take us lightly and we will pounce on them in an ugly weather game. With Harris on defense and Jones on offense (both steeler like players) we will be victorious. Not only that, but even if its a bad weather game, its not like we have Pennington back there anymore, so we can still throw deep with Clemens.

Jets 20

Steelers 16

What makes you think they will take us lighlty. They have already went down to teams like Arizona and Denver, I doubt they'll be atking anyone lighlty the rest of this season. I wish i could be as optimistic as you, I really do. Unfortunately I'm expecting this to be very ugly.

Against Pittsburgh's D our O-line is going to be dominated. Absolutely zero chance we get a running game going tommorow.

Agreed and then what happens is you put the work load on your QB which what was happening when Chad was under center. What would go a long way for me tomorrow is if there is no run game how Kellen can handle the load of getting this team in the endzone and succeeding.

Agreed and then what happens is you put the work load on your QB which what was happening when Chad was under center. What would go a long way for me tomorrow is if there is no run game how Kellen can handle the load of getting this team in the endzone and succeeding.

Me too, if were going to win then Kellen will have to win it for us. He's not going to get much help so tommorow we may find out a lot about him. If he somehow pulls this game off or even gets us in a good position to win it, then I will be very impressed. Lets hope he can.

The Jets kinda worry me. They have very good return unit and not alot of film on Klemens yet. The Steelers haven't given up a hundred yard rusher in forever, but that doesn't mean it's impossible. I think if the Jets spread us out their odds of moving the ball increase dramatically as well. As stated earlier, the losses to Arizona and Denver should keep this team from overlooking the Jets. It should be a pretty good game IMO.

Jets 20

Steelers 16

WOOT WOOT

Archived