Can Harris be stopped?

LionelRichie

this guy is an absolute beast, and only a rookie at that.

he is all over the field every game, hits like a truck, rushes the passer, and doesn't move back to avoid blockers. i honestly can't remember a jet defensive player around the ball more than harris - maybe abraham the few plays he was healthy.

if the jets can get a 2nd for vilma i would be ecstatic.

this guy is an absolute beast, and only a rookie at that.

he is all over the field every game, hits like a truck, rushes the passer, and doesn't move back to avoid blockers. i honestly can't remember a jet defensive player around the ball more than harris - maybe abraham the few plays he was healthy.

if the jets can get a 2nd for vilma i would be ecstatic.

Lets see what happens... he is playing GREAT but so did Vilma his rookie year...

Lets see what happens... he is playing GREAT but so did Vilma his rookie year...

He has by far and away outplayed Vilma considering how many games he has started (3). Vilma was playing behind a 4-3 that had Jason Ferguson creating all sorts of room for him. Harris has been more impressive.

He has by far and away outplayed Vilma considering how many games he has started (3). Vilma was playing behind a 4-3 that had Jason Ferguson creating all sorts of room for him. Harris has been more impressive.

I hope Harris is great and I also hope Vilma steps up next season beside him... that would be a very young and good duo...

I hope Harris is great and I also hope Vilma steps up next season beside him... that would be a very young and good duo...

ecurb - you need to wake the **** up. your favorite jet players: chadwick + vilma were part of the problem. underachieving players who either want or already have received big contracts for little contributions. both chadwick and vilma are gone next year, that is a forgone conclusion.

the only question is what the jets can get for vilma and whether the jets can get anything for chadwick.

ecurb - you need to wake the **** up. your favorite jet players: chadwick + vilma were part of the problem. underachieving players who either want or already have received big contracts for little contributions. both chadwick and vilma are gone next year, that is a forgone conclusion.

the only question is what the jets can get for vilma and whether the jets can get anything for chadwick.

I would rather keep both of them as backups... they will not get nearly enough in trades...

I would rather keep both of them as backups... they will not get nearly enough in trades...

your manlove for chad was cute all summer but i thought given his putrid play this year you would either go away (like bollywood), or wake the **** up like everyone else.

#1 - the jets are not going to pay chadwick starter $ to wave his white towel. i think he is already rich enough for doign that.

#2 - vilma is a FA after 08 and would walk for nothing in return. i would rather get anything than let him walk for nothing.

I say we trade Vilma. People know what this guy can do in the 4-3. Maybe the Steelers can think about letting Hampton go, or the Ravens giving us a good pick ?

We have to trade Vilma. I would love to see us go after Shawn Crable and get him in that LB core alongside Harris. I was watching him vs Ohio State and he is very good at shedding blockers and a solid tackler. he can both rush the passer and stop the run. Having him and Harris at LB reuniting their Michigan partnership could be unstoppable.

Archived