AJ Burnett

Barton

Can anybody name me a starting pitcher with nastier stuff than AJ Burnett?? I think not....

10100285.jpg

Oh and Orioles closer BJ Ryan will be a free agent after this season. I cannot think of a better left handed relief pitcher in the game right now than BJ Ryan. He too has absolutely filthy filthy stuff. Imagine if we got him in the offseason. Our bullpen would be STACKED. Sturtze, BJ Ryan, Tom Gordon and Mariano Rivera. Now thats a shutdown bullpen innings 7-9 for sure, and possibly 6-9 if Sturtze can improve even more.

BJ-Ryan-at-work.jpg

Can anybody name me a starting pitcher with nastier stuff than AJ Burnett?? I think not....

Let me try.

Santana

Prior

Pedro

Halladay

Wakefield (we all know YOU said he was the hardest pitcher to hit in MLB :wink: )

The only trade rumours about AJ is that he'd go to Baltimore for Jorge Julio and a hitter. Who is NYY going to send to FL?

Let me try.

Santana

Prior

Pedro

Halladay

Wakefield (we all know YOU said he was the hardest pitcher to hit in MLB :wink: )

The only trade rumours about AJ is that he'd go to Baltimore for Jorge Julio and a hitter. Who is NYY going to send to FL?

A candy gram and some laughs. The Birds are also going to get Juan Encarnacion too, in the deal. He's not a bad player, either. A former Tigers farm/major leaguer, he was a five tool player. Just didn't get it done here.

Not only does Burnett have great offspeed pitches he consistently hits 99mph on his fastball with pretty good location.

Not saying the Yankees are gonna get him, but if the Orioles are in it, ya damn right the Yankees will overpay for him. :x:oops:

Burnett is good and all...but Schmidt is better if healthy. Barry Zito is also better...but we're being told he isnt available now that the A's are playing better. Neither will be going to the Red Sox, Yankees, or Orioles unless one of the 3 wants to be fleeced.

EB means to say he wants us to name a better SP that is available right? Otherwise, we could be here all day.

Lastly, what makes you think it is destiny that BJ Ryan will be a Yankee next year? I hate to break it to you...but Baltimore has money to spend, they could easily lock him up this summer! Angelos is no dummy. You act like the Yankees are the only team that could use a flamethrowing lefty RP.

Burnett is good and all...but Schmidt is better if healthy. Barry Zito is also better...but we're being told he isnt available now that the A's are playing better. Neither will be going to the Red Sox, Yankees, or Orioles unless one of the 3 wants to be fleeced.

EB means to say he wants us to name a better SP that is available right? Otherwise, we could be here all day.

Lastly, what makes you think it is destiny that BJ Ryan will be a Yankee next year? I hate to break it to you...but Baltimore has money to spend, they could easily lock him up this summer! Angelos is no dummy. You act like the Yankees are the only team that could use a flamethrowing lefty RP.

Duh... of course the yankees are the only ones that can. Remember a league of one?

Duh... of course the yankees are the only ones that can. Remember a league of one?

Archived