DRAFT!!!

gg

Tom,

Yes Carolina is somewhat depleted, but fear not...after this coming season the tide will turn. The 06-07 class coming into Chapel Hill will help out and add some needed depth at the positions that were suddenly made vacant by the exodus of our star players.

I hated to see them all go, but I would not trade that National Title to have them back!!

:D:D

To tell you the truth, I was a HUGE UNC fan during the Dean Smith years, but after the Matt Dougherty debacle (which was a no-win for him) and then hiring a guy I despise in Roy Williams, I couldn't watch them anymore. IMO, they won a title because of having 5 to 6 lottery picks, not because of Roy Williams.

To tell you the truth, I was a HUGE UNC fan during the Dean Smith years, but after the Matt Dougherty debacle (which was a no-win for him) and then hiring a guy I despise in Roy Williams, I couldn't watch them anymore. IMO, they won a title because of having 5 to 6 lottery picks, not because of Roy Williams.

I can see why you would think that. The team was absolutely stacked with talent. However the whole Matt Doherty situation had to be taken care of. There were all sorts of problems with the team and things had to change, and change quick. Carolina had been courting Roy for a while, and he had turned down a couple of offers before finally accepting 3 years ago. Overall I am happy with what he has done and it can only help when it comes to recruiting and rebuilding a team when it needs it most.

Archived