MNF - Jaws is sounding way too gushy or something.....

vanDoug

No, I agree with him on everything. He has been spot on on analysis tonight. I could post an aim log with time stamps, he's seeing everything I'm seeing. Sure we could both be idiots, but of course I'm biased and think he just has great football knowledge.

And you should be biased that way too, since he thinks Clemens was the best QB out of that draft.

No, I agree with him on everything. He has been spot on on analysis tonight. I could post an aim log with time stamps, he's seeing everything I'm seeing. Sure we could both be idiots, but of course I'm biased and think he just has great football knowledge.

And you should be biased that way too, since he thinks Clemens was the best QB out of that draft.

:):):):P:p:p:character42::character42::character42:

Thanks for reminding me of that !!! :fighting0050:

No offense to you for agreeing with him, but at various times I've seen Jaworski claim that both Cutler and Young were the top qb of that class. He hasn't exactly stuck to his guns on that one. IMO, he only chatted up Clemens because with Ramsey being crap and Pennington an unknown commodity he knew that Clemens might start from Day 1. IIRC, his comment was only something along the lines of "the most ready to start in the NFL" not the best.

No offense to you for agreeing with him, but at various times I've seen Jaworski claim that both Cutler and Young were the top qb of that class. He hasn't exactly stuck to his guns on that one. IMO, he only chatted up Clemens because with Ramsey being crap and Pennington an unknown commodity he knew that Clemens might start from Day 1. IIRC, his comment was only something along the lines of "the most ready to start in the NFL" not the best.

If I'm remembering correctly I recall the term BEST coming out of Jaws mouth draft day pre draft. I'm not sure exactly how he used it but I was thrilled to death when we picked Clemens because of it. I thought Cutler was "the most ready to start in the NFL. Don't forget Clemens was coming off an injury that cost him a lot of his senior season. If I look hard enough I might still have that drafts tape somewhere here.

If I'm remembering correctly I recall the term BEST coming out of Jaws mouth draft day pre draft. I'm not sure exactly how he used it but I was thrilled to death when we picked Clemens because of it. If I look hard enough I might still have that drafts tape somewhere here.

Maybe, I didn't see it, just heard and read the reports. I know that I have since seen him use the terms "class of the draft/best" for Cutler and best/most advance qb of the draft for Vince Young during last season. I heard him make remarks that made Leinart sound like the top qb in the draft too. He's not exactly a reputable source IMO.

Maybe, I didn't see it, just heard and read the reports. I know that I have since seen him use the terms "class of the draft/best" for Cutler and best/most advance qb of the draft for Vince Young during last season. I heard him make remarks that made Leinart sound like the top qb in the draft too. He's not exactly a reputable source IMO.

I think you're right Dom. He's maybe too nice of a guy so he "likes" everybody. Not wanting to say anything negative about anyone. I know I love it when he breaks down game film. I learned a lot about QB ing from watching Jaws on the Monday Nite pre game show.

Tirico is gettin tired of his coworkers in the booth. He tries to talk about whats goin on down on the field, but they just need to hear their own voices though, no matter what the topic. Watching mnf to me is like tryin to listen the news with my wife & daughter in the room & feelin chatty. its much better with the sound off

Get Kornholio out of the booth and I think Jaws and Mike T would be fine together

you could well be right but the circus act that is espn tells me otherwise.

Serious straight talk & sports news is a thing of the past with espn. this has to come from the brass running this sideshow of a sports network.

Archived