Caution: Work In Progress

Maxman

Caution: Work in Progress

Posted at 10:41 pm in Featured Editorials, Tyson Rauch by Max

caution.gifBy Tyson Rauch

Another week and another frustrating loss for the New York Jets. From the early injury to quarterback Kellen Clemens, to the questionable play calling, to the weekly dropped passes by Justin McCareins; the opponent changes but the results do not.

Coming into this season there was a perception that the New York Jets were prepared to take on the New England Patriots and make a run at the AFC East title. Well this notion couldn

Where's the Hooters chick?

:-P

The upcoming offseason for Gang Green will be the true test for the Jets front office. There is a notion that the Jets will have substantial cap space and this has to be used to upgrade the talent base on this team. No more fringe players, no more band aids and no more boy scouts.

Right on, bro.

Interesting post and I somewhat agree but it's not just the Jets and Woody. Many sporting events are filled with corporate non fans these days or handed down tickets and those people seem to sell more times than they actually go. Then they complain when other people don't buy tickets off of them.

Out here in Seattle, the Mariners are raising ticket prices because as they claim, it's to cover the expenses they spent on free agents. And the media has had a field day stating, THEY HAVEN"T SIGNED ANYBODY.

Sometimes fans are just blind or stupid. I mean if you believe what the FO and owners tell you, then you really shouldn't complain. Heck the SuperSonics complain about fans not showing up, then put a bad team on the floor, and threaten to move to Oklahoma. Most owners these days are not like the old owners who were Football lovers. Most owners today aren't like Cuban or Steinbrenner or even Jerry Jones. Sometimes those guys get too involved, but I'd rather have an owner who gives a damn, then raises ticket prices than a guy who could care less if the team wins or loses.

In most sports today, if you can't even go .500, it means you hired the wrong people or brought in the wrong players. Todays sports are all about parity or bad teams. Teams that consistently finish below .500 is a disgrace. It's one thing to finish like that now and again, but to finish 4-12, then 4-12 again two years later is a bad bad sign.

I don't think Woody is cheap.. He has signed quite a few overpriced players over the years. Where I think he is cheap is in the fact he signs rookie coaches who nobody else wanted or cared for. Al Groh, Herm Edwards, and Mangini weren't exactly courted or loved. They came cheap and now look at the Jets. They are in the same situation they've been in since Parcells left. And that's, "we hope they draft well and bring in better players next year."

The sad reality is, what happens when a lot of these big corporations cut costs due to all the economic problems and these "corporate season ticket promotions" are no longer the cool thing or a perk or promotion. Suddenly these corporate 'fans' won't show up and normal everyday regular fans can't afford it. This may never be an issue, but then again, it's not like the US economy is getting better.

With the Jets new PSL program I will be seeing alot more of her and alot less Jets games

You can post your articles after each play if you watch the games at home. Every mishap can be an article.

3rd and 10 Draw Plays Do Not Work

By Tyson Rauch

Archived