Defensive lines impact

faba

That is a good point. But the WR's and other OL contributed to this offense looking like a joke. There were still not many options last year. I would not give Revies or Harris back for a guard in the draft.

Nor would I but I never liked the TJ trade if they had no plans to improve the OL at all. IN fact, make it worse. So if they don't trade for TJ, they get Harris without giving up any draft picks. And without TJ, maybe Houston stays or they pick up another Barlow like guy. The running game would still suck, but that bad running game scored 16 times last season, TJ scored what, 2 times this year? With or without TJ the running game still sucked.

I'd rather they keep the draft picks and build the team considering they don't seem to spend on free agents. Who knows if the draft pick would make a big impact, but at least it would be an attempt at improving. TJ is a nice addition if they were a playoff contender with a good OL and good defense. He's a bad pickup for a team who has a bad OL and trying to build for the future.

Nor would I but I never liked the TJ trade if they had no plans to improve the OL at all. IN fact, make it worse. So if they don't trade for TJ, they get Harris without giving up any draft picks. And without TJ, maybe Houston stays or they pick up another Barlow like guy. The running game would still suck, but that bad running game scored 16 times last season, TJ scored what, 2 times this year? With or without TJ the running game still sucked.

I'd rather they keep the draft picks and build the team considering they don't seem to spend on free agents. Who knows if the draft pick would make a big impact, but at least it would be an attempt at improving. TJ is a nice addition if they were a playoff contender with a good OL and good defense. He's a bad pickup for a team who has a bad OL and trying to build for the future.

If you trade for a guard like Kendall, lets just say rather than TJ I think the OL would still be bad. Our running game has been pathetic for a long, long time. Even in 2004 our YPC were bad. I hear what you are saying about TJ's age - but he has low mileage on his tires and if we get some OL infront of him this year and a passing game (because that was also part of the running games problem) he should have I would say 2 great years in him. Don't forget that a vet RB also help with blitz pickups and TJ is one of the best in the league at this. Therefor I think he will still have value when he is 34. Not as an everydown back - but a contributer.

Archived