Jets are Collateral damage to Raiders Stalemate-Jetsblog

Kentucky Jet

Jets Are Collateral Damage to Raiders’ Stalemate

Tim Kawakami of the San Jose Mercury News writes a very interesting column on Lane Kiffin and his plight with the Raiders. In it, Kawakami talks about how Rob Ryan is a sticking point between Kiffin and Al Davis, but he writes this about Davis’ loyalty to Rob Ryan.

Davis, I’m told, is open to the possibility of letting Ryan go for compensation, but no team is going to give up draft choices or cash for a defensive coordinator. In addition, Davis really likes Ryan, who is probably the best defensive coordinator possible under Al. Ryan can handle Al’s meddling, is loved by his players, and is more than capable of running a tough four-man line scheme with man-to-man principles and very little blitzing.

So basically the Raiders are in a stalemate over their Defensive Coordinator, which means the Jets are in a stalemate over their Defensive Coordinator.

Posted: January 11th, 2008 under Main Page.

Is it just me or does it seem that stuff like this only happen to us? Arrrrrrrr

Is it just me or does it seem that stuff like this only happen to us? Arrrrrrrr

Someone on the radio said that Rex Ryan is a strong possibility in Washington. I think it was Florio on the Boomer and Carton show. We could be out of the Ryan sweepstakes altogether. If so, who?

Someone on the radio said that Rex Ryan is a strong possibility in Washington. I think it was Florio on the Boomer and Carton show. We could be out of the Ryan sweepstakes altogether. If so, who?

As far as we know all of our current coaches are still here. Is anyone positive that Tangini is looking or is this just all speculation?

Archived