Does anyone want Chad to stay ?

ChrisNYJ824

Should Chad stay a Jet?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Should Chad stay a Jet?

So Ryan and Brohm get a chance to adjust to the NFL but Clemens doesnt?

Chad sucks. He's proven he cant get over the hump. Clemens may or not be able to, but at least there is upside there. We know what Chad is, and it isnt good enough. If you want to go 8-8 next year with Chad, go right ahead. But I'd rather roll the dice with Clemens and go either 6-10 (Clemens struggles) or 10-6(Clemens is legit).

So let me get this straight, you don't like Chad Pennington?

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ive been saying the same thing about chad. He proved 2 seasons ago with a good OL he'll be successful. I believe he led us to a 10-6 season and a comeback player of they year award.He led us to our first victory in 7 tries against NE. Give him a good OL and he will excel. 4 seasons ago he had a good OL, and he led us to a playoff victory and without Doug Brien we go to the afc championship with him which wouldve been our first visit since 98 with Vinny. He is a winner. Build this OL, and I guarantee hes our starter next year and we go to the playoffs. Just remember that last sentence next year. 90% of this board will be eating crow next year.

10-6 still isn't good enough. Chad can't lead us to a superbowl even with a strong OL.

10-6 still isn't good enough. Chad can't lead us to a superbowl even with a strong OL.

Chad has one big thing against him. ANd that's he thinks way tooo much sometimes.

You saw yesterday how even after being beaten down all day, Brady still led them down to a TD and a 14-10 lead. ANd then even after all that, you see Eli Manning lead his team down the field in the final two minutes of a super bowl against a 18-0 team and come up with some great plays to win the game 17-14. Yeah the players around those guys needed to step up, but over the years Pennington is a guy who just never really stepped up in big games.

I remember the Raiders game where he just got destroyed in the second half. The Steelers game where the Jets defense played just as well as the Giants defense yesterday. I mean you can say what you want but the Steelers were 15-1 and the Jets came into Pittsburgh and beat them down. Unfortunately Chad did nothing that game and a kicker missed a couple of field goals.

I like Chad and I'll root for him, but a perfect example of his career is last years playoff game. In a close game, that stupid fluke fumble was it. Even after the defense held the Pats to a FG, Pennington was done. He has the exact opposite mentality of the gunslingers. WHen mistakes happen because of a fluke, somebody else, or because of him, he goes into a shell and either thinks too much about it or just winds up turning the ball over even more. It goes from a 1 turnover game into a 3 turnover game real quick.

And in the NFL today, Chad will be hard pressed to lead a team to a super bowl victory. Maybe on those old Cowboys and 49ers teams where he could have a perfect game. But even the 18-0 Pats weren't blowing people out at the end of the year. And in all honesty, the only way I see Chad winning is if he's on one of those teams that win 40-10 every game. In close games where a fluke play here and there seem to happen, Chad just crumbles after it.

As much as I've not been impressed by Eli Manning, the reality is, if that were Chad out there, the Giants would have been done after the interception. People might not accept this, but it's the reality. As great a talent he could be with a weak arm, Chad just doesn't have that gunslingers mentality you need in the NFL. Mistakes happen. QB's that can't recover from those mistakes just aren't going to win many playoff games.

Chad has one big thing against him. ANd that's he thinks way tooo much sometimes.

You saw yesterday how even after being beaten down all day, Brady still led them down to a TD and a 14-10 lead. ANd then even after all that, you see Eli Manning lead his team down the field in the final two minutes of a super bowl against a 18-0 team and come up with some great plays to win the game 17-14. Yeah the players around those guys needed to step up, but over the years Pennington is a guy who just never really stepped up in big games.

I remember the Raiders game where he just got destroyed in the second half. The Steelers game where the Jets defense played just as well as the Giants defense yesterday. I mean you can say what you want but the Steelers were 15-1 and the Jets came into Pittsburgh and beat them down. Unfortunately Chad did nothing that game and a kicker missed a couple of field goals.

I like Chad and I'll root for him, but a perfect example of his career is last years playoff game. In a close game, that stupid fluke fumble was it. Even after the defense held the Pats to a FG, Pennington was done. He has the exact opposite mentality of the gunslingers. WHen mistakes happen because of a fluke, somebody else, or because of him, he goes into a shell and either thinks too much about it or just winds up turning the ball over even more. It goes from a 1 turnover game into a 3 turnover game real quick.

And in the NFL today, Chad will be hard pressed to lead a team to a super bowl victory. Maybe on those old Cowboys and 49ers teams where he could have a perfect game. But even the 18-0 Pats weren't blowing people out at the end of the year. And in all honesty, the only way I see Chad winning is if he's on one of those teams that win 40-10 every game. In close games where a fluke play here and there seem to happen, Chad just crumbles after it.

As much as I've not been impressed by Eli Manning, the reality is, if that were Chad out there, the Giants would have been done after the interception. People might not accept this, but it's the reality. As great a talent he could be with a weak arm, Chad just doesn't have that gunslingers mentality you need in the NFL. Mistakes happen. QB's that can't recover from those mistakes just aren't going to win many playoff games.

Thats a good post, pjam. He always had the deer in the headlights look for the rest of the game after he turned the ball over, even just once. He made me f'ing sick. What a ****ing fraud he was.

Thats a good post, pjam. He always had the deer in the headlights look for the rest of the game after he turned the ball over, even just once. He made me f'ing sick. What a ****ing fraud he was.

I don't hate on Chad like you seem to do so I won't call him a fraud. But maybe it's the deer in the headlights attitude or whatever it is, he had it. People claimed Eli had it until this seasons playoffs and after yesterday, nobody really can ever say that about Eli again. Even if he stinks in the postseason the rest of his career. Favre seems to live off of those couple of great years in the playoffs and has stunk in the postseason ever since.

I don't know.. I wish I could say something better about Chad cause i wish the best for the guy, but if you look at his stats, it's almost like once he turns the ball over, the Jets go from a 10-13 deficit into a 10-27 game.

He is the opposite of a gunslinger. One mistake and he's done. And this theory that if you build a great team around him everything would be fine is nice, but the Pats and Giants proved that theory would never work in todays NFL. Heck last year the Pats and Colts proved it as well. Manning and Brady turned the ball over how many times in this years and last years postseason games? Yet both found ways to win games or at least have a chance to win a game.

In the playoffs, the QB has to make some plays, even after bad plays or in a tight knock him down kind of game. Teams just don't win 40-10 in the playoffs anymore.

In the end, just look at yesterdays game. The Pats were 18-0 and were considered one of the greatest teams in NFL history. THey had the top WRs, the top QB, and the best OL in the NFL. Brady rarely got looked at, yet alone touched or sacked. And even as many times as he got knocked down, the Pats still had a chance to win in the end.

I really doubt any team Chad joins is going to be as good as the Pats on offense. And even then, does anybody really think the Pats win yesterday with Chad Pennington?

Put it this way. If you put Chad on either the Giants or Patriots yesterday, it's almost a gurantee that the team he's on keeps it close for a half, and then in the 3rd and 4th quarters, a couple of bad mistakes and suddenly that 7-3 game either turns into a 21-3 route for the Pats or a 17-7 route for the Giants. We've seen it time and time again with Chad. It always seemed that when the Jets played the better teams, he choked or something. Then add a mistake or bad play and it just got worse.

I like the guy, but saying you need the 85 Bears or the 84 49ers to win isnt' exactly a selling point for a QB.

Archived