June 26, 2005 ... mark that date on your calanders

Green Jets & Ham

And here's the irony ... the man who actually invented the phrase "Curse of the Bambino" ... even wrote a book by the same title ... will now inherit that mantle for the next 85 Years

The Curse of Dan Shaughnessy? :shock:

BOSTON GLOBE

Easy Call: Race is a Runaway

By Dan Shaughnessy

June 26, 2005

It's OK to say it.

Don't worry about jinxing them. :shock:

The 2005 Red Sox are going to win the American League East. By a landslide.

Come late September, this is going to look like Secretariat at the Belmont in 1973.

And here's the irony ... the man who actually invented the phrase "Curse of the Bambino" ... even wrote a book by the same title ... will now inherit that mantle for the next 85 Years

The Curse of Dan Shaughnessy? :shock:

BOSTON GLOBE

Easy Call: Race is a Runaway

By Dan Shaughnessy

June 26, 2005

It's OK to say it.

Don't worry about jinxing them. :shock:

The 2005 Red Sox are going to win the American League East. By a landslide.

Come late September, this is going to look like Secretariat at the Belmont in 1973.

Hey - I called that!!!! :lol:

What many of you don't understand is that Dan Shaughnessy is the creator of the "Curse of the Bambino" - made a cottage industry out of it. Lines his pockets with plenty of dollars - enough to afford a Victorian in the West Newton Hills (Mass-speak for swanky area requiring big bucks). I firmly believe that It was Danny-boy WANTS to curse the Sox. His little side business is GONE. Time to create a new one. The man is EVIL. :lol:

I've seen him say (write) the same thing about the Pats and I cringe.

Hey - I called that!!!! :lol:

What many of you don't understand is that Dan Shaughnessy is the creator of the "Curse of the Bambino" - made a cottage industry out of it. Lines his pockets with plenty of dollars - enough to afford a Victorian in the West Newton Hills (Mass-speak for swanky area requiring big bucks). I firmly believe that It was Danny-boy WANTS to curse the Sox. His little side business is GONE. Time to create a new one. The man is EVIL. :lol:

I've seen him say (write) the same thing about the Pats and I cringe.

Granted, this is a feeble attempt by Dan Shaughnessy to inject himself into the national fray...but it falls way short, does it not?

Havent we seen the same exact article written by various baseball "afficianados" with the Red Sox and Yankees teams juxtaposed? What, nobody is looking to pro-Yankee stooges like Vaccaro, Olney, and Greenberg as reasons for the 2005 Yankee collapse like everyone is waiting to do to Dan Shaughnessy?

And why...'cuz he is an ignorant blowhard like 99.9% of everyone in the sports media. Garb, and all other Red Sox fans...by feeding into this, youre giving Danny what he wants. I didnt read that article when it came out, I wont read it now, and I wont be reading it later. Ya know, like all other Shaughnessy articles.

Granted, this is a feeble attempt by Dan Shaughnessy to inject himself into the national fray...but it falls way short, does it not?

Havent we seen the same exact article written by various baseball "afficianados" with the Red Sox and Yankees teams juxtaposed? What, nobody is looking to pro-Yankee stooges like Vaccaro, Olney, and Greenberg as reasons for the 2005 Yankee collapse like everyone is waiting to do to Dan Shaughnessy?

And why...'cuz he is an ignorant blowhard like 99.9% of everyone in the sports media. Garb, and all other Red Sox fans...by feeding into this, youre giving Danny what he wants. I didnt read that article when it came out, I wont read it now, and I wont be reading it later. Ya know, like all other Shaughnessy articles.

Feed into it? I think the guy is a donkey - with curly red hair and an inverted chin. I do read his stuff from time to time for entertainment purposes only. I should stop though. You're right about that.

Feed into it? I think the guy is a donkey - with curly red hair and an inverted chin. I do read his stuff from time to time for entertainment purposes only. I should stop though. You're right about that.

So wait, Yankee fans are trying to re-invent a new curse? What a surprise! :shock:

Hey, I've got a curse for ya: Alex Rodriguez. The Yankees are destined for failure as long as this anti-american selfish overrated locker room cancer is around.

I just pray that curse you speak of isn't worse than the Curse of Gregg Jeffries

So wait, Yankee fans are trying to re-invent a new curse? What a surprise! :shock:

Hey, I've got a curse for ya: Alex Rodriguez. The Yankees are destined for failure as long as this anti-american selfish overrated locker room cancer is around.

I just pray that curse you speak of isn't worse than the Curse of Gregg Jeffries

Archived