Pettite and Knoblauch not to testify

Scott Dierking

Forgive me for being just a tad skeptical but my feeling is that Clemens' smoozing of congress did EXACTLY what it was supposed to do.

Make this as easy as possible for Clemens.

If congress was so gung ho on hanging these guys why would they not have Pettitte testify ? If ANYONE would know what is going on in this case it would be Pettitte.

I almost hope at this point that someone leaks Pettitte's testimony to the media.

This whole thing is turning into a farce.

Forgive me for being just a tad skeptical but my feeling is that Clemens' smoozing of congress did EXACTLY what it was supposed to do.

Make this as easy as possible for Clemens.

If congress was so gung ho on hanging these guys why would they not have Pettitte testify ? If ANYONE would know what is going on in this case it would be Pettitte.

I almost hope at this point that someone leaks Pettitte's testimony to the media.

This whole thing is turning into a farce.

Supposedly, Pettite's testimony helped corroborate McNamee's claims. To what degree, I don't know.

They supposedly will still read some of Pettite's testimony.

It seems they really let Pettite off the hook here. How that affect seither McNamee or Clemens is unknown to me.

I really can't make sense of this. Why are they letting these guys get off this "easy"?

We can only suppose that Congress officially wants to make this McNamee vs Clemens. Mano a mano.

not sure but this doesn't appear to bode well for rodger. not that anything since macnamees appearance under oath has served rodger well thus far though.

I find rodgers defiance bizarre but am still holding out a small amount of hope he's actually not guilty

not sure but this doesn't appear to bode well for rodger. not that anything since macnamees appearance under oath has served rodger well thus far though.

I find rodgers defiance bizarre but am still holding out a small amount of hope he's actually not guilty

I would think that direct testimony by Pettite, that conflicts either Clemens or McNamee would be more solid than having that testimony simply "read" during the hearing. Why they allow him teh cheap route outy, I don't know.

Maybe they have already made up their minds. Maybe they feel they have enough to indict either of these fellows.

I must say this, Roger is either innocent, very bullheaded or receiving very bad legal advice. He is at the point of no return here.

This can't be good news for Clemens. I was thinking that the only guy who can save him if that's even possible was Pettite denying Clemens ever juiced or ever having knowledge of that?? To me the question is, when will Clemens start calling Pettite a liar.

Clemens-and many other baseball players-did steroids.

And?

I'd note that despite over $20 million and 18 months, George Mitchell was only able to lean on 2 jerks involved with 2 teams in the same city as the commissioner's office.And one of those teams just happens to be the chief rival of the franchise in which he owns stock and sits on their board of directors. They didn't have to get on a plane, rent a car, or stay in a hotel. Great job, George.And what a fukcin job. What the eff did you spend the money on-dominatrixes , happy ending rubdowns and primo steakhouses in midtownevery night? We are to beleive that Brian Macnamee and Kirk Radomski are the only guys dumb enough to be so involved.

We need Congressional hearings for that?

I would think that direct testimony by Pettite, that conflicts either Clemens or McNamee would be more solid than having that testimony simply "read" during the hearing. Why they allow him teh cheap route outy, I don't know.

Maybe they have already made up their minds. Maybe they feel they have enough to indict either of these fellows.

I must say this, Roger is either innocent, very bullheaded or receiving very bad legal advice. He is at the point of no return here.

I don't have a clue either but maybe cause he came out & told the truth they agreed to not put him thru the ringer. maybe his writ testimony says no comment about roger & therefore not needed. maybe they have enough info anyway.

I imagine roger is pretty intimidating face to face & his council changes their shorts more than once a day or offers bad advice

Archived