Jets Meet With The Tallest WR Of The 08 NFL Draft

Jedi_Jet1121

Wouldn't mind if the guy fell to the 3rd. Unless they take Jake Long @6, the jets MUST take an OL in the second.

If some of these trades take place, Pennington, Coles, and Vilma leaving the Jets with more then one 2nd rounder, then he might come into play.

Right now I see it 1st pass rusher, 2nd OL 3rd BAP

I wonder if people truly ask themselves how many 40-yard plays they honestly expect out of any player in a season. Not that it isn't great when it happens, but a GREAT WR will be hard-pressed to have one every other game. A (merely) good one maybe once every few games. Seriously expecting a 40-yard play every game (or even in most games) is delusional.

I just want him fast (or QUICK) enough to get open. A guy that size is tough enough to bring down on the fly anyway once he's past the front-seven. On most plays, a quick juke will get a receiver open WAY more often than a 0.2-second difference on a straight-line 40 yard dash. I mean, can Wes Welker run a sub-4.6 even with shorts & track shoes on?

And it's not only how fast they accelerate, but also how fast they DEcelerate. If he can run near full speed & stop dead in his tracks & turn (or make an equally quick cut), he'll be open plenty.

It's a hell of a lot harder to teach a guy to be 6'7" tall or have great hands at game-speed.

John Carlson (TE from ND) the top-rated TE in the country just ran the worst 40 of the group... He ran a 4.88.

Wouldn't mind if the guy fell to the 3rd. Unless they take Jake Long @6, the jets MUST take an OL in the second.

If some of these trades take place, Pennington, Coles, and Vilma leaving the Jets with more then one 2nd rounder, then he might come into play.

Right now I see it 1st pass rusher, 2nd OL 3rd BAP

That may be true today but I expect the Jets to sign a decent offensive lineman during FA. It would be poor planning (to say the least) for the Jets to go into the draft with virtually nothing at OLB, LG and RT (and WR if Coles is traded).

I wonder if people truly ask themselves how many 40-yard plays they honestly expect out of any player in a season. Not that it isn't great when it happens, but a GREAT WR will be hard-pressed to have one every other game. A (merely) good one maybe once every few games. Seriously expecting a 40-yard play every game (or even in most games) is delusional.

I just want him fast (or QUICK) enough to get open. A guy that size is tough enough to bring down on the fly anyway once he's past the front-seven. On most plays, a quick juke will get a receiver open WAY more often than a 0.2-second difference on a straight-line 40 yard dash. I mean, can Wes Welker run a sub-4.6 even with shorts & track shoes on?

And it's not only how fast they accelerate, but also how fast they DEcelerate. If he can run near full speed & stop dead in his tracks & turn (or make an equally quick cut), he'll be open plenty.

It's a hell of a lot harder to teach a guy to be 6'7" tall or have great hands at game-speed.

So? Check his shuttle times if that's what you care about.

I think Welker supposedly ran a 4.55 coming out of high school.

Sperm..your posters if they dont like him will just think of a bunch of tall recievers that were busts and then compare him to them.. without even playing one down in the NFL..

Kind of hard to play that card in a thread where a guy is using Jerry Rice's 40 time to explain how this guy is so successful. Every year I read about some ****ty WR, stone slow, who was productive in college who will be great because he is as fast or faster than Jerry Rice. Last year it was our very own David Ball.

The difference between 4.4 to 4.6 isn't the same as 4.4 to 4.9. That bitch is just slow. Unless he tripped or something. Whatever it is, he just lost $5M today easy.

Makes you wonder why the guy even ran. He had to know he wasn't going to run a good time. I'd have feigned injury. Then again, I guess he'd have to run sometime if he wanted any real guaranteed money.

Archived