jag fan here..

jaggy4life

sup guys, i've been hearing the possible trade rumors of coles & vilma to jax, and i gota say it is indeed exciting if it became true.. neway, just wanted to throw out a couple of guys here in jax that are worth a look for you guys:

MLB Mike Peterson- the anchor of our defense b4 two injury depleted seasons, however b4 the most recent injury this past year, he was having his best year as of yet. i honestly would hate to see this guy leave, but there's been too much speculation of this guy becoming trade bait. he certainly has the speed team covet in a LB, & he would easily make the transition from a 4-3 to a 3-4.

DT Marcus Stroud- injuries have slowed him down the past couple years, but the word around here is that he's 100% fully recovered, and as a 4x pro bowler, this guy plus the addition of mike pete would pay dividends for any team in need. i know you guys run a 3-4, but he would certainly look good alongside ellis. also trade bait.

WR Matt Jones- certainly has the potential to become a great addition to any team if you utilize him the rite way (not like us). the guy is a former qb from arkansas, so imagine what you can do w this kid. a huge target and extremely hard to bring down, also trade bait or possible cut.

*fans here in jax & some radio talk think one or two of these guys would be candidates in a trade for coles and/or vilma.

I wish you guys the best of luck next season!!!

sup guys, i've been hearing the possible trade rumors of coles & vilma to jax, and i gota say it is indeed exciting if it became true.. neway, just wanted to throw out a couple of guys here in jax that are worth a look for you guys:

MLB Mike Peterson- the anchor of our defense b4 two injury depleted seasons, however b4 the most recent injury this past year, he was having his best year as of yet. i honestly would hate to see this guy leave, but there's been too much speculation of this guy becoming trade bait. he certainly has the speed team covet in a LB, & he would easily make the transition from a 4-3 to a 3-4.

DT Marcus Stroud- injuries have slowed him down the past couple years, but the word around here is that he's 100% fully recovered, and as a 4x pro bowler, this guy plus the addition of mike pete would pay dividends for any team in need. i know you guys run a 3-4, but he would certainly look good alongside ellis. also trade bait.

WR Matt Jones- certainly has the potential to become a great addition to any team if you utilize him the rite way (not like us). the guy is a former qb from arkansas, so imagine what you can do w this kid. a huge target and extremely hard to bring down, also trade bait or possible cut.

*fans here in jax & some radio talk think one or two of these guys would be candidates in a trade for coles and/or vilma.

With Pennington, Vilma, and Coles all on the block this year (yes, all three were captains), the trade rumors are flying all over the place.

My guess is that there will be a draft pick involved in at least one trade. But the prospect of Stroud or Jones wearing green is very appealing to me, not sure if either would be worth giving up Coles though.

Feb. 29th to the Draft should be a very interesting few months for us and a lot of other teams around the league.

Good luck to you guys as well!

First off welcome to the board,I like the Jags a lot as a team and think they will be a strong SB contender next season.

I'm not sure about those players though:

Peterson -Is kind of small and a very similar LB to Vilma, he is also very injury prone which would concern me. He is much more suited to the 4-3 D.

Stroud - Like Peterson he is very injury prone and for a player who is 6'6 he's undersized as a 3-4 NT. He could maybe be used as an effective 3-4 End but not as a NT.

Matt Jones - I just don't like him as a player, he is talented but drops too many passes for my liking. I'm afraid he'd be the next J-Mac if we signed him.

NO way!!! Peterson could be cut due to roster bonuses, add the fact that younger guys like Smith and Durant are playing solid, and did well with Peterson out this year, and I just dont see the Jets interested in paying for a possible cap casualty

Stroud is coming off major ankle surgery and had a 4 game suspension this year...not the kind of player i think the Jets would target

Matt Jones??? He would hardly fill the void left by Coles. Maybe he can be a 3rd string back up QB, but I dont ever see him being a relevant NFL wr due to the fact that he failed in Jax with no serious competition. Unless of course Northcutt is considered serious competition.

Any trade involving Coles and Vilma would be very draft pick heavy imo

NO way!!! Peterson could be cut due to roster bonuses, add the fact that younger guys like Smith and Durant are playing solid, and did well with Peterson out this year, and I just dont see the Jets interested in paying for a possible cap casualty

Stroud is coming off major ankle surgery and had a 4 game suspension this year...not the kind of player i think the Jets would target

Matt Jones??? He would hardly fill the void left by Coles. Maybe he can be a 3rd string back up QB, but I dont ever see him being a relevant NFL wr due to the fact that he failed in Jax with no serious competition. Unless of course Northcutt is considered serious competition.

Any trade involving Coles and Vilma would be very draft pick heavy imo

Hold on bro, first & foremost, Mike Pete will not be a cap casualty. Agreed, Durant overachieved in his rookie year, however, don't think a broken hand will affect Pete's play next season. The Jag's are LB happy with excellent depth following. Whether you don't want anything to do with him in green is you, I'm just providing some info regarding the word down here.

I can understand your concern with Stroud (the injury & the transition to a 3-4), but again I'll say, what I hear is what I inform. For all I care, I'm complete against the speculation. Both he & Henderson are a match in heaven.

As far as Jones, he's a playmaker if you utilize him the right way. The guy's entering his 4th year as a receiver from the QB position. He may have solidified another year with his great play the last 4 games of the season, which I apparently know you didn't watch.

Listen guys, your organization would be crazy to let either/both Coles & Vilma go for cheap. Round picks & possible candidates stated above would be the least I would take.

Hold on bro, first & foremost, Mike Pete will not be a cap casualty. Agreed, Durant overachieved in his rookie year, however, don't think a broken hand will affect Pete's play next season. The Jag's are LB happy with excellent depth following. Whether you don't want anything to do with him in green is you, I'm just providing some info regarding the word down here.

I can understand your concern with Stroud (the injury & the transition to a 3-4), but again I'll say, what I hear is what I inform. For all I care, I'm complete against the speculation. Both he & Henderson are a match in heaven.

As far as Jones, he's a playmaker if you utilize him the right way. The guy's entering his 4th year as a receiver from the QB position. He may have solidified another year with his great play the last 4 games of the season, which I apparently know you didn't watch.

Listen guys, your organization would be crazy to let either/both Coles & Vilma go for cheap. Round picks & possible candidates stated above would be the least I would take.

I totally respect the players you mentioned. It's just that other than Matt Jones they don't fit our system.

I dont think its a slam dunk that he or Stroud wont be cut

pixel.gif

Jaguars LB Mike Peterson is due a $1.6 million roster bonus this offseason.

Peterson is also scheduled for $3 million in salary. The Jags may deem him expendable due to Daryl Smith's solid play in the middle and Justin Durant's emergence on the weak side. Other possible Jaguars cap casualties include DE Reggie Hayward ($3.5 million salary) and DT Marcus Stroud ($5 million).

Source: Florida Times Union

I don't understand draft picks for vilma.. vilma is one of the best linebackers in the league and to add he is mad young for just draft picks?it would have to be Reggie Nelson and a 1st round draft pick just to be a good trade for me.

one of the best lb in the league? you beleive all that hype?

Archived