NFL Combine Winners And Losers *Jets Consider Winners and Cheatriots Losers*

Jedi_Jet1121

NFL Combine Winners and Losers

michael-david-smithPosted Feb 23rd 2008 3:37PM by Michael David Smith

Filed under: NFL Draft, Featured Stories, The Word

mikehartgilbrandt.jpgNotes on a trip to the NFL Scouting Combine.

The 2008 NFL Scouting Combine is three days old, and although there are many 40s yet to be run and many Wonderlics yet to be taken, we've seen enough for an early look at the winners and losers:

Winner: Rashard Mendenhall. The Illinois running back considers himself the best back in the draft, and there are definitely NFL coaches who agree with that assessment.

Loser: Darren McFadden. After he weighed in at 211 pounds, a whole lot of people in Indianapolis were saying McFadden, the Arkansas running back, just doesn't have enough lower-body muscle to fight for tough yards in the NFL.

jakelong.jpg

Winner: Jake Long. The Michigan offensive tackle managed 37 reps on the 225-pound bench press, the most of any offensive lineman in Indianapolis. There are some questions about where Long will play at the next level; most people think he's a left tackle but I heard from two league observers who watched a lot of Michigan tape and think Long will make a better right tackle. But there is little doubt that Long will be a Top 5 pick.

Loser: Colt Brennan. The Hawaii quarterback weighed in at 207 pounds, 22 heavier than he was at the Senior Bowl, but NFL teams aren't impressed with his added bulk. As his stock continues to drop, Brennan is looking like a guy who would be lucky to go in the sixth round.

Winner: The New York Jets. Talk is already heating up that a few teams are interested in trading to get the sixth overall pick, which is owned by the Jets. Although it's unlikely that any trade would happen any time soon, there's a perception in league circles that moving ahead of the Patriots, who pick seventh, is a good place to be in this year's first round. That means the Jets should field some offers.

Loser: The New England Patriots. Not only because everyone wants to move ahead of them in the draft, but also because everyone is talking about them

Dude, great thread idea.

No one even wants to talk business deals with the Patriots. You know all those teams are thinking about the Cheating they done last season with us. We are winners because we are in good position but i knew Mcfadden stock was going to drop. He will proably be a early 2nd rounder/ 3rd Rounder

No one even wants to talk business deals with the Patriots. You know all those teams are thinking about the Cheating they done last season with us. We are winners because we are in good position but i knew Mcfadden stock was going to drop. He will proably be a early 2nd rounder/ 3rd Rounder

Easy does it bud haha. He may not be the perfect prospect everyone is making him out to be, but he is still one heck of a football player deserving of going in the first round. I don't like drafting any runningbacks in the first 15 picks, but that's just on principal. I will guarantee there's no way that he makes it out of the first round.

But I do like the idea that other teams will want to move up to the 6 spot, but i'm just not sure for who right now.

Easy does it bud haha. He may not be the perfect prospect everyone is making him out to be, but he is still one heck of a football player deserving of going in the first round. I don't like drafting any runningbacks in the first 15 picks, but that's just on principal. I will guarantee there's no way that he makes it out of the first round.

But I do like the idea that other teams will want to move up to the 6 spot, but i'm just not sure for who right now.

Cowboys will talk to the Jets i would trade Vilma and our #6 for Their #1 and M.Barber since the Jerry Jones has a love affair with McFadden

There is not a chance in Hell McFadden drops out of the 1st.

His stock may be falling but not that much.:shock:

There is not a chance in Hell McFadden drops out of the 1st.

His stock may be falling but not that much.:shock:

There are some NFL coaches questioning if he can make the tough SHORT YARDS thats BAD for a RB that is projected in the first round man. Jerry Jones has a love affair with Mcfadden so we will see

Archived