If not McFadden, Draft Matt Ryan!

Ghost

If McFadden doesn't fall for us and somehow Ryan does, we should take this guy.

Clemens didn't prove anything to us in those games he played, start fresh with a brand new QB who has all the potential. We missed out on Cutler, let's not miss out on Ryan. In my opinion I think McFadden is the guy we should take but he's too skilled and I can't see him falling to #6.

It also looks like we're pursuing Faneca and hopefully we get this guy, even if he's asking for that large signing bonus. Matt Ryan can fit in this system. Only one team needs a QB that drafts ahead of us and the Falcons have a lot of holes to fill.

I think we HAVE to draft one of these two players to have a great future.

If McFadden doesn't fall for us and somehow Ryan does, we should take this guy.

Clemens didn't prove anything to us in those games he played, start fresh with a brand new QB who has all the potential. We missed out on Cutler, let's not miss out on Ryan. In my opinion I think McFadden is the guy we should take but he's too skilled and I can't see him falling to #6.

It also looks like we're pursuing Faneca and hopefully we get this guy, even if he's asking for that large signing bonus. Matt Ryan can fit in this system. Only one team needs a QB that drafts ahead of us and the Falcons have a lot of holes to fill.

I think we HAVE to draft one of these two players to have a great future.

I don't want us to draft a QB TBH. Just don't think this is a great class to do it.

NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO! I can't say no enough to this thread. We need to evaluate Clemens when he has an O-Line that doesn't include a revolving door before declaring him a bust. You can't say you're done with him and just draft Matt Ryan at 6th when we have more pressing needs where we know we have nothing as opposed to an unknown quantity. I've already argued why we shouldn't draft McFadden ad nauseam so I'm done with that argument.

NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO! I can't say no enough to this thread. We need to evaluate Clemens when he has an O-Line that doesn't include a revolving door before declaring him a bust. You can't say you're done with him and just draft Matt Ryan at 6th when we have more pressing needs where we know we have nothing as opposed to an unknown quantity. I've already argued why we shouldn't draft McFadden ad nauseam so I'm done with that argument.

Matt Ryan is 6-5 220 pounds. He's physically ready, I don't know about mentally. Just because you have a good offensive line doesn't mean the QB behind center will be successful. Clemens is not a starter in this league, it's better to know that now than later.

And are you even considered a bust when your drafted in the 2nd round ?

No! Haha

Think of it this way, if Clemens sucks giant elephant dick this year we will probably have a top 5 pick and a chance at a better QB next year. From what I hear this is a ****ty year for a QB so next year has to be better, no? So we give Clemens one more year and see what happens.

dick is fine, but **** isn't? This is one weird profanity filter where I can say giant floppy Elephant dick but not I just took a ****.

Think of it this way, if Clemens sucks giant elephant dick this year we will probably have a top 5 pick and a chance at a better QB next year. From what I hear this is a ****ty year for a QB so next year has to be better, no? So we give Clemens one more year and see what happens.

Not bad, then we have to draft Darren McFadden. It's one or the other, they both can create plays and are future players.

I'm tired of our pathetic drafts.

If you were drafted in the 2nd round to be a starting QB and never did well than yes you would be a bust.

Clemens could turn it around next year and you guys will seem really stupid. How many great QB's have sat on the bench 2-3+ years before starting?

Clemens could turn it around next year and you guys will seem really stupid. How many great QB's have sat on the bench 2-3+ years before starting?

If you read my earlier post I'm in favor of keeping Clemens. I was just responding to his comment that you can't be a bust if you were drafted in the 2nd round. I think it would be dumb to give up on Clemens after he only got to play half a season with an O-line that had a revolving door at LG. I like Clemens a lot and think he can start for us for years.

If you read my earlier post I'm in favor of keeping Clemens. I was just responding to his comment that you can't be a bust if you were drafted in the 2nd round. I think it would be dumb to give up on Clemens after he only got to play half a season with an O-line that had a revolving door at LG. I like Clemens a lot and think he can start for us for years.

I feel the exact same way, I also feel that if we give him an oline and he still sucks, then we should look to the future.

Hahahah!!

I'm not into that stuff like some other people here. Matt Ryan will be a franchise QB, you'll see.

For the Jets? Nope. You do not select a Quarterback when you have Clemens and Pennington and glaring needs at other positions.

I feel the exact same way, I also feel that if we give him an oline and he still sucks, then we should look to the future.

Well yeah that second parts prety obvious but seriously you need more than one season to judge young QBs they take time to develop. I hate to say it but look at Eli something clicked during the playoff run and he finally has come into his own.

Well yeah that second parts prety obvious but seriously you need more than one season to judge young QBs they take time to develop. I hate to say it but look at Eli something clicked during the playoff run and he finally has come into his own.

I think that Kellen was put in a situation where his only option was to fail. He had a ****ty o-line, 1 wr who could catch, a ****ty game being called and it was the first 8 games in the nfl in the middle of a losing season.

No rookie QB comes and makes an impact right away.

Most QBs show more in their rookie years than what Clemens has shown his second though. Yes I know about the O-line issues, but Clemens was going to fail regardless of that. I blame Schott, as can be seen from my hilarious reactions in the Thanksgiving day game. My friends know me as a hardcore Jets fan, and everybody later told me they were thinking about what my reactions would be to that offensive gameplan. Now that's one ****ty gameplan, to take people's minds off of a Thanksgiving day family get together to think about their nutty Jet fanatic friend.

Clemens though is a midget and has accuracy problems. I am very worried. I'd rather have someone else in the wings just in case so that we don't blow another few years. I'd rather not rely on ANOTHER undersized player that MIGHT overcome his deficiencies and become above average. I'd like a guy that has no physical or talent defects that are obvious coming in and we're just hoping to see him adjust to the pro level and have a possibility of being great. Thats what I want out of my high draft picks, especially out of guys in the top 6. Clemens was picked later but because of the position he plays there's no excuse to trust your franchise's fate on a project. The only time that works is when you cheat. So either Mangini better start cheating or we're going to need to actually get a good QB here.

Most QBs show more in their rookie years than what Clemens has shown his second though. Yes I know about the O-line issues, but Clemens was going to fail regardless of that. I blame Schott, as can be seen from my hilarious reactions in the Thanksgiving day game. My friends know me as a hardcore Jets fan, and everybody later told me they were thinking about what my reactions would be to that offensive gameplan. Now that's one ****ty gameplan, to take people's minds off of a Thanksgiving day family get together to think about their nutty Jet fanatic friend.

Clemens though is a midget and has accuracy problems. I am very worried. I'd rather have someone else in the wings just in case so that we don't blow another few years. I'd rather not rely on ANOTHER undersized player that MIGHT overcome his deficiencies and become above average. I'd like a guy that has no physical or talent defects that are obvious coming in and we're just hoping to see him adjust to the pro level and have a possibility of being great. Thats what I want out of my high draft picks, especially out of guys in the top 6. Clemens was picked later but because of the position he plays there's no excuse to trust your franchise's fate on a project. The only time that works is when you cheat. So either Mangini better start cheating or we're going to need to actually get a good QB here.

do you think this year is the year to spend the #6 pick on a QB?

do you think this year is the year to spend the #6 pick on a QB?

I'll be honest, my college viewing is extremely limited. I only really watched about 2 years ago, that's why I only participated in draft talks 2 years ago and didn't say much last year. I'm not even sure on McFadden, hopefully I haven't given the wrong impression on that either. In theory I believe in using a top pick for QB, Pass rusher or extremely talented RB. I don't have any expertise on the draft class this year so I can't have an opinion on who is really talented. I just mention McFadden because in theory he fills that impact player role that I want out of a top pick. We've debated this in other threads so no need to re-hash.

So basically this is an admission that I have no idea who Matt Ryan is or what his level of ability is. It's just my subjective belief on the draft and what to take risks on that leads me to say he should be considered, along with McFadden. I also would have no protest with a pass rusher as I said. Nor a true 3-4 NT, since that is a "foundation" position. By pass rusher usually I mean OLB especially in 3-4, or a DE.

I'll be honest, my college viewing is extremely limited. I only really watched about 2 years ago, that's why I only participated in draft talks 2 years ago and didn't say much last year. I'm not even sure on McFadden, hopefully I haven't given the wrong impression on that either. In theory I believe in using a top pick for QB, Pass rusher or extremely talented RB. I don't have any expertise on the draft class this year so I can't have an opinion on who is really talented. I just mention McFadden because in theory he fills that impact player role that I want out of a top pick. We've debated this in other threads so no need to re-hash.

So basically this is an admission that I have no idea who Matt Ryan is or what his level of ability is. It's just my subjective belief on the draft and what to take risks on that leads me to say he should be considered, along with McFadden. I also would have no protest with a pass rusher as I said. Nor a true 3-4 NT, since that is a "foundation" position. By pass rusher usually I mean OLB especially in 3-4, or a DE.

I just started following college football this year and I'm not really an expert at all so I'm only going on what I read from the so called experts and they're saying that this years QB class is weaker than they have been the past few years. So I'm just saying maybe we should wait for a stronger QB class before we go and use our top 10 pick on one, when we have a guy in clemens who could be good. I still maintain that there was no way any qb in the history of the league in his second year could have succeeded this past year on the Jets.

I just started following college football this year and I'm not really an expert at all so I'm only going on what I read from the so called experts and they're saying that this years QB class is weaker than they have been the past few years. So I'm just saying maybe we should wait for a stronger QB class before we go and use our top 10 pick on one, when we have a guy in clemens who could be good. I still maintain that there was no way any qb in the history of the league in his second year could have succeeded this past year on the Jets.

The "experts" also said Matt Leinart was NFL ready and would be a Pro Bowler by now, and Reggie Bush was the second coming of Gale Sayers. They also said Mario Williams, who is like 290 and runs a 4.4, was a terrible pick and should result in the firing of the Texans GM, who is an idiot. I think if the only people saying this QB class is weak are the "experts", that is all the more reason to jump on the QB.

I do NOT want another top 10 pick, unless we get it by ripping off some stupid team like the Pats did with the Niners. I want to pick like 25+ every year. I'd like to pick 32nd best. The idea is to not get top 10 picks because if you have your "foundation" picks already, you shouldn't be picking that high anyway. And you have no idea when you'd get that QB, and if you'd even be in position for him. So if our CS, who I don't really have faith in actually, determine that Matt Ryan has the goods, we should go get him, and not worry about having Clemens. Same thing with McFadden over TJ. Don't let a mediocre player at best prevent you from having the chance to acquire actual talent. Thank god we have Harris instead of Vilma. Vilma's actually not even as bad or as uncertain as what we have in our QB and RB positions, two positions that I identify as potential impact (but RB ONLY when the RB has EXTREME talent, otherwise RB is not a good value pick, I feel similarly to LT as well, our last pick in the top 6 that feels wasted in terms of value).

Archived