Jets ship Vilma to Saint for a 4th rounder in 09...

22DaFuTuRe51

Also take into consideration ....other teams know we need to move him.

He is useless in our system and his contract is gonna be up and we would get nothing for him.

Do you honestly think other teams are gonna go out of their way to overpay for Vilma when they know we are looking to get anything we can for him?

Anything we get this yr is better than the "thanks for drafting me" we would have recieved next offseason when he walked.

Amen, I only said it 3 pages ago. :D

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
i think it represents his medical issues...we arent talking about a Chess League or Math League here folks

If it were a heart problem he could always take lipitor.

:rl:

I am giving a inside joke POTW for that, just so GreenBeans has to respond in weekly awards :rl:

This line of reasoning makes me think we won't get much for D-Rob anymore either. Giving the money we reportedly are to Jenkins means we HAVE to get rid of D-Rob and his albatross of a contract. Now teams might not be willing to deal as good a pick and/or player for him.

Unless there is demand for him, in which case the competition would drive up the price. In D'Robs case though, the demand is questionable.

this tells me his knee might be spaghetti

Sporting News last night reported that Vilma was stating he was WEEKS away from being at full streingth - Could be months if the Jets took this trade for a conditional pick:

Vilma was in New Orleans on Monday to take a physical, the New Orleans Times-Picayune reported in Friday's edition.

Newsday, citing league sources, reported on its website early Friday that the Vilma deal could be completed and announced as early as this morning, on the first day of the NFL's offseason free-agent period. The paper reported the pick may come from the 2009 draft and be tied to Vilma's performance in 2008.

Vilma was on the road to stardom in his first two seasons after being the 12th overall pick in the 2004 draft out of Miami (Fla.). He fell out of favor when Eric Mangini took over as coach in 2006 and installed a 3-4 defense; Vilma is better suited to playing in the middle of a 4-3 scheme.

With Vilma on the sideline, rookie David Harris proved ready to replace him.

Vilma had surgery in November. He says he is weeks away from running at full speed.

The Jets gave Vilma permission to seek a trade, and he was in Indianapolis during the NFL Combine to meet with potential suitors. The New York Post reported Vilma met with Detroit Lions officials on Wednesday. It was believed the Lions would offer defensive tackle Shaun Rogers in exchange.

This line of reasoning makes me think we won't get much for D-Rob anymore either. Giving the money we reportedly are to Jenkins means we HAVE to get rid of D-Rob and his albatross of a contract. Now teams might not be willing to deal as good a pick and/or player for him.

I'm sure we won't get mush fro D-Rob, if anything.

His contract makes him almost untradable, and he has no reason to redo it.

If he stays with the team, and he might only because the Jets have cap room, he will play DE just to see what he can do. he looked better there last season then he did at NT.

Maybe someone crazy like Herm will trade for him

i no its unlikely but Vilma is a top 10 linebacker and one injury shouldnt make his value that low

this is gonna be randy moss trade all over again

Top ten LB? What league are you talking about? He doesn't fit, hasn't played well in 2 years and is coming off knee surgery. Plus the guy we have to replace him is a better player right now and hasn't even scrathed the service of how good he may be.

I overrated the guy too. Let it go.

Archived