Spahn and Sain and pray for rain

Green Jets & Ham

And this from the NY Post :mrgreen:

Common Guys, I'm a Yankee fan too but you gotta have a sense of humor about it

In another age Bostonians made the most of a thin pitching staff by turning to poetry: "It's Spahn and Sain and pray for rain."

Let's see if doing the same thing makes Yankees fans feel better:

"It's Unit & Moose, after that what's the use?"

Or this: "Two-fifths Mike-Randy and three fifths of Brandy."

Or this: "It's all Moose & Unit, the others just ruin it."

Or this: "Mussina & Johnson, can we trade for Stan Bahnsen?"

Feel better?

Didn't think so.

:lol::lol:

In another age Bostonians made the most of a thin pitching staff by turning to poetry: "It's Spahn and Sain and pray for rain."

Let's see if doing the same thing makes Yankees fans feel better:

"It's Unit & Moose, after that what's the use?"

Or this: "Two-fifths Mike-Randy and three fifths of Brandy."

Or this: "It's all Moose & Unit, the others just ruin it."

Or this: "Mussina & Johnson, can we trade for Stan Bahnsen?"

Feel better?

Didn't think so.

Hey yeah, let's copy other past nicknames because we can't come up with anything better!

By the way, Mike Mussina wasn't HALF the pitcher that Warren Spahn was.

Hey yeah, let's copy other past nicknames because we can't come up with anything better!

Dude, you're being annoying ... I know you're pissed because the season is over for the Mets in July {AGAIN!!}, but don't take it out on me

Dude, you're being annoying ... I know you're pissed because the season is over for the Mets in July {AGAIN!!}, but don't take it out on me

What I'm pissed about is not the Mets, since I knew they were no better than a .500, 3rd place team from the get-go.

No, what annoys me is the fact that you Yankee fans disappear for weeks at a time when the going gets rough, then come back after each victory like you just won the World Series, then usually create threads attacking teams like the said Mets.

If that ain't the definition of "fairweather", I don't what is. At least I'm here all the time, win or lose, and stick to my guns.

What I'm pissed about is not the Mets, since I knew they were no better than a .500, 3rd place team from the get-go.

No, what annoys me is the fact that you Yankee fans disappear for weeks at a time when the going gets rough, then come back after each victory like you just won the World Series, then usually create threads attacking teams like the said Mets.

If that ain't the definition of "fairweather", I don't what is. At least I'm here all the time, win or lose, and stick to my guns.

Whatever ... the post was intended for humor until you injected your disgrunted envy

As for sticking to your guns when the Mets lose ... what can I say ... you've had lots of practice :lol:

Damn, Swarthout, you're better than this. Nobody mentioned anything comparing Mussina to Spahn, and everyone agrees that Spahn was one of the best lefty pitchers of all time.

And none of those names were copied. They were just thinking of rhymes.

This is one of the bigger stretches by a wannabe Yankees fan I've read on this board.

actually, one could argue that Mike Mussina is better than Spahn

Mussina: .639 winning %, career ERA+ is 127

Spahn: .597 winnning %, career ERA+ is 118

with that said, Spahn was still better and this debate shouldnt even bother to continue

Archived