Robertson deal to Denver could involove Domonique Foxworth

PhinHater

Jets | Team looking to trade Robertson

Thu, 13 Mar 2008 09:35:27 -0700 Tom Rock, of the South Florida Sun-Sentinel, reports the New York Jets are looking to trade DL Dewayne Robertson to the Denver Broncos. Robertson is due a $3 million roster bonus June 1, and would count more than $11 million against the Jets salary cap in 2008. Terms of the potential deal are not known, but they could involve Broncos CB Domonique Foxworth.

Thoughts?

I would trade D-Rob for a roast beef sandwich and a 6 pack just to unload him and his salary.

I'd do it for either one, the combo would just be a bonus. Although, I'm not sure I like the addition of foxworth, i don't feel like giving him a new contract. However, if that's the only way we can get rid of drob than i guess i'll do it, as long as it involves a low level pick.

Per rotoworld it seems as though foxworth wouldn't be involved in the trade, as he and denver are close to a contract extension.

Seems odd they have been so far apart in negotiations,and all of a sudden he is about to sign an extension.

Sign and trade maybe??:)

Seems odd they have been so far apart in negotiations,and all of a sudden he is about to sign an extension.

Sign and trade maybe??:)

I thought about that, but than they said the broncos had no interest of letting him go. However, as we all know, most of these guys get half the story straight; i'm not going to be happy until Drob is officially off the books. The cinci trade excited me and i'm not about to get that happy until it's official.

I find it hard to believe that anyone will trade for D Rob knowing they have to cut him in June anyway..they do not have to but his cap number is huge.... the words on his knees is out

I don't think the knee issue is that big of a deal. If Dr. James Andrews says he's ok to play than he's ok to play.

Archived