NFL Stonewalling with Walsh and Specter claims super bowl filming.

PLAYMAKER 29

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2008/...e-was-filming/

SPECTER TO LIMBAUGH: “THERE WAS FILMING”

Posted by Mike Florio on March 21, 2008, 5:54 p.m.

Senator Arlen Specter (R-Pa.) is promoting a book (which, frankly, should make reasonable people wonder even more about his motives for getting in the middle of the NFL’s business). And thus Senator Specter is doing the kinds of thinks that people who promote books do — he’s seeking out opportunities to talk about the book on radio programs.

On Friday, he appeared on Rush Limbaugh’s show. A full transcript of the interview is available at Limbaugh’s web site.

At the tail end of the interview, Limbaugh asked Specter about the status of the inquiry into the Patriots’ cheating scandal.

Here’s the exchange:

“RUSH: Lot of football fans in this audience. Since the Super Bowl we’ve heard very little about this guy in Hawaii, Matt Walsh, that claims to have videotape of the New England Patriots and the St. Louis Rams walk through the Saturday before their Super Bowl. What’s the status of that?

“SEN. SPECTER: Well, the status of it is that there has been an exchange of correspondence between Walsh’s lawyers and the NFL lawyers. I’ve seen the letters. Walsh’s lawyer let me see them on a promise of confidentiality, and I believe an objective and fair reading of those letters is that the NFL is discouraging Walsh from coming forward.

“RUSH: Really? Because their statements are just exact opposite.

“SEN. SPECTER: Well, the NFL says they’re trying to encourage them, and I issued the challenge to the commissioner a couple of Saturdays ago, and they put out a Sunday release that they were making substantial progress. Well, we’ve had almost two weeks since that Sunday release, and nothing has happened. I believe those. . . . Listen, I think the NFL has a duty of integrity. They have an anti-trust exemption, which gives them a preferred position. They are role models. If you can cheat in the NFL, you can cheat in college or high school or sixth grade math test. I think ultimately, Rush, if we get enough fire under it, they’re going to have to show those letters — and when they do, they’re going to have to change their tune and let Walsh testify, because those reports are looking pretty strong, but there was filming for the 2002 Super Bowl.”

Those last eight words are, in our view, the bombshell. Specter said on Limbaugh’s show, which is heard by millions throughout the country, that “there was filming for the 2002 Super Bowl.”

Was there? The Boston Herald reported that there was. The team has denied it. Walsh has said nothing.

Maybe Specter misspoke. Maybe he meant to say “that” instead of “but”.

Or maybe he didn’t.

I can't wait for Walsh to talk, and show tapes!!!!!!!

I can't wait for Walsh to talk, and show tapes!!!!!!!

Keep waiting. The man is blowing smoke up you and everybody elses a$$es. How does that feel? He has exactly jack $hit. If he had anything more he would have been looking to extend his 15 minutes of fame a long time ago.

Where there is smoke there is fire, and I don't care what Specter's motives are, I want to hear what Walsh has to say. If they filmed the walk thru than their legacy is definitely tainted, and as a football fan I have a right to know. I also can't wait to hear the introduction on opening day, Dom Capers, HC of the NEP.

Where there is smoke there is fire, and I don't care what Specter's motives are, I want to hear what Walsh has to say. If they filmed the walk thru than their legacy is definitely tainted, and as a football fan I have a right to know. I also can't wait to hear the introduction on opening day, Dom Capers, HC of the NEP.

I want to hear what Walsh has to say as well.

Never happen. The NFL will squash it. Why do you think all of the spygate tapes were immediately destroyed by the NFL? this is a PR nightmare for them. They are just trying to delay until people forget about it. You wil never find out if he has tapes, and if he does, what is on them. It would cost the NFL too much.

Arnie must be really pissing them off, big time. He won't let this die.

The longer the NFL tries to delay and stall this, the more likely that the tapes are real. And it is a potential disaster for the NFL that Goddell DESPARATELY wants to sweep under the rug.

expect some real bluster around draft time... specter is really going to put on a show.

btw, dont be surprised if the NFL and Specter/Comcast are trying to work out a deal w/ NFL Network or Sunday Ticket so Specter ends this "inquiry" of his.

The longer the NFL tries to delay and stall this, the more likely that the tapes are real. And it is a potential disaster for the NFL that Goddell DESPARATELY wants to sweep under the rug.

How is the NFL trying to delay it? They're the ones urging him to spill the beans. He's the one being wishy washy about it. In the beginning I honestly believe that he had something on the Patriots. The longer this thing has gone, the more I am convinced that he is completely full of $hit and was just trying to get his 15 minutes.

How is the NFL trying to delay it? They're the ones urging him to spill the beans. He's the one being wishy washy about it. In the beginning I honestly believe that he had something on the Patriots. The longer this thing has gone, the more I am convinced that he is completely full of $hit and was just trying to get his 15 minutes.

Did you even bother reading the interview Alk? Specter is saying that the NFL is saying that they want to see it, but acting as if they don't. Walsh and his lawyer is saying the same. The NFL is saying the opposite.

Believe what you like, but can you honestly tell me that you don't think the NFL would do something like that?

Did you even bother reading the interview Alk? Specter is saying that the NFL is saying that they want to see it, but acting as if they don't. Walsh and his lawyer is saying the same. The NFL is saying the opposite.

Believe what you like, but can you honestly tell me that you don't think the NFL would do something like that?

I try listening to Specter but I just can't get past the tin foil cap.

Alk, I know that you are a Pat's homer and see this thing from a diofferent perspective, but you have to admit, this whole spygate/tapegate thing has been a HUGE embarresment (sp?) for the NFL. Why did they destroy the evidence given by the Pats. So it would go away and nothing else would get leaked. Now with tapegate, why would they want anything to come out to tarnish their reputation and put question marks on one of their premiere teams? Of course they want to squash it. Remember, alot of gambling money on the NFL. If the fix is in, that could change. Does anyone bet on Pro Wrestling? And the gambling drives alot of the league's popularity. Think about it.

Walsh wants complete immunity over anything that he says. That is BS.

Scott Pioli has stated that Walsh recorded a conversation between them. That lead to Walsh being fired.

BTW: Massachusetts law states that recording conversations without both parties consent is illegal.

Specter is driving this and brings it up every couple of weeks. We all know that Specter is the spokesperson for Comcast.

Believe it or not I want to hear what Walsh has to say.

Walsh wants complete immunity over anything that he says. That is BS.

Scott Pioli has stated that Walsh recorded a conversation between them. That lead to Walsh being fired.

BTW: Massachusetts law states that recording conversations without both parties consent is illegal.

Specter is driving this and brings it up every couple of weeks. We all know that Specter is the spokesperson for Comcast.

Believe it or not I want to hear what Walsh has to say.

BTW, Walsh's attorney has dismissed the Patriots reasons for firing him as untrue, so believe what you want.

The fact is everyone wants to hear what Walsh has except it seems the NFL and the Patriots.

Archived