Jets and Giants Fans May Pay for the Right to Pay for Tickets

InstantClassic

March 22, 2008

Jets and Giants Fans May Pay for the Right to Pay for Tickets

By RICHARD SANDOMIR

National Football League franchises across the country have helped pay for modern stadiums since the mid-1990s by asking season-ticket holders to ante up for the right to preserve their seat locations in the teams

This is awesome! I always wanted my own PSL... this a great entertainment value that you have to embrace! It is not like the Jets have not won a Super Bowl in almost 40 years. Can I get my name on my seat? they can attach with velcro so Giant fans can do the same

Nothing is "free" Your paying for that too. Just not so high and not bothered by the weather and traffic and people and...............

ok so i pay 100 bucks approx for my digit cable/internet bundle

but thats better than tickets/food/gas/hotels/traffic jams :D

granted i do love going to a baseball game every couple of years with my dad.

"I think the Mara family will be just and fair."

Naivete, you found your king.

BZ

AMEN BROTHER, AMEN!

The prospect of selling them is made more likely by the N.F.L.’s requirement that teams repay their debt much faster than their bankers demanded. The credit crisis could also affect the teams if any of their debt has floating rates, which would make their financing more expensive — and make revenue from seat licenses more important.

That league pressure “doesn’t make them inevitable,” said Jay Cross, the Jets’ president. “What it does make inevitable is, we have to raise more equity.

In other words - We'll give you the loan as long as you can pay for it within the 1st 3 years of the stadium's opening - Checkmate!

the problem is that no one cares...the usual response in the media is if you do not like it, do not go.

Yea well you think think WOODY& his rich friends pay a PSL when they rebuild the opera hall or the Museum or where ever he goes for entertainment when they are rebuilding those places I doubt it!!....

Archived