Qb situation....

CoachTsurfing

O.k. I could care less who starts (sorry all you penny pusher's and clemens heads) as long as they get the job done. My question is this. Do you really believe that the line had an adverse affect on the play of both of our QB's and if so does the new addition's mean either qb that starts will be better? If not, do we go after Ryan in the first or go after a bigger need believing we can find a diamond in the rough in the later rounds? We all know about Flacco and Brohm and that still might be to early for us to take one. What about taking a flyer on an Ainge, Johnson, or Henne in the later rounds. Especially if we get a few later round picks for everyone favorite D-rob?

My opinion is the line did aversley affect our Qb's but I'm still not sold on any of them to take Ryan with our first pick nor take one in the second. However if we can grab a few mid round picks from the Broncos or anyone else for d-rob then I say yes lets grab one and hope we get the next, goodness I hate to say it, tom brady.

The line was atrocious and the running game sucked, but outside the Ravens game I still havent seen anything from Clemens that would indicate he's our starter for the next 4-6 years.

LIke one scout said of clemons.. "pocket awareness" "you either have it or you dont" "he does not"

LIke one scout said of clemons.. "pocket awareness" "you either have it or you dont" "he does not"

Disagree, when he actually had a pocket he showed the ability to sense a pass rush very well.

Again, how often did he actually HAVE a pocket? :bag:

That's my thinking, Barton. I think he showed enough not to warrant another qb selection on the first day, but maybe the second day we could find someone that could develop.

Flacco in the second round... mcfadden in the first... my draft would be over at that point..they could take 4 kickers for the rest of the draft and I wouldnt care...lol

When did Clemens ever have a pocket to work with? You can't expect him to make plays when he gets dropped in less than 3 seconds almost every play.

Clemens has a cannon for an arm, and he has good mobility. Give the guy a year with talent around him. Put him behind the improved O-line with Tony Richardson, DMC and a new WR and see how he does. There's always next year to draft a QB.

Archived