Gotta Give the devil his due

Green Jets & Ham

I've actually felt that for the past couple of seasons the D-Rays have more talent than people realize but ownership is not willing to bring in a couple of solid veterans to help pull things together.

Toby Hall is a solid defensive catcher who calls a good game

Carl Crawford is developing in to one of the better run producers in baseball and is amazing in LF

Danny Baez is a hell of a stopper and gets little props because he plays in Tampa

Aubrey Huff is a 30 HR 100 RBI threat but is stinking it up this year. Many feel it's due to his unhappiness with ownership. He was on record during spring training as saying "every year it's the same thing, they say they're going to bring in some players to help but they never do" He's an All-Star player who's tired of getting hosed by his own organization. If he gets traded to a contender he'll turn it up a notch.

Scott Kazmir has been great in his last couple of starts and I still can not fathom what the mets were thinking when they gave him up for Zambrano. The D-Rays ROBBED the Mets in that deal.

Jesus Colome has a live arm out of the pen and hits the mid 90s with ease. When he's on he's tough to hit.

There are other solid players like Jorge Cantu, Nick Green and recently acquited Joe Borowski who can really help out that struggling 'pen if he gets his stuff together.

Your original point is well taken Ham, Lou does get them to play, but from a talent standpoint, they have a lot more than people realize.

I agree airforce

IMO if the Drays go out in the offseason and sign 1 or 2 big bats and a starting pitcher I think they could easily overtake the Blue Jays

Their lineup is nasty (in a good way)

In 2006

Crawford

Lugo

Baldelli

Cantu

Huff (traded maybe for a pitcher)

Hall

Gomes

Gathright

Hollins

Kazmir

Baez

THAT IS 1 HELLOFA A TEAM RIGHT THERE.

I agree airforce

IMO if the Drays go out in the offseason and sign 1 or 2 big bats and a starting pitcher I think they could easily overtake the Blue Jays

Their lineup is nasty (in a good way)

In 2006

Crawford

Lugo

Baldelli

Cantu

Huff (traded maybe for a pitcher)

Hall

Gomes

Gathright

Hollins

Kazmir

Baez

THAT IS 1 HELLOFA A TEAM RIGHT THERE.

They're going to have to find room for BJ Upton and Dmitri Young's little brother... Those two will be stars.

Archived