Knicks hire D'Antoni

madmike1

I dont know if he has the makeup to make it in NY, but I do laugh at those who say the Knicks dont have the personnel to run his offense. Hello, we dont have the personnel to run ANY offense. We need to blow the whole thing up.

The idea is to try to make the team watchable for the next 2 years while they are getting under the cap. If dantoni can get them to play hard/bring in players who will play hard then they will be watchable. At least he's coach with some clout who players like to play for unlike isiah.

The idea is to try to make the team watchable for the next 2 years while they are getting under the cap. If dantoni can get them to play hard/bring in players who will play hard then they will be watchable. At least he's coach with some clout who players like to play for unlike isiah.

Isn't that what Layden was doing when he got run out of town?

What are you talking about. Not even close. It was layden who worsened the cap situation by making awful trade after awful trade bringing in more and more worthless players who were making insane money...

To me it doesnt matter whether you win 35 games or 15. The Knicks need to be putrid for a few more years and make good on their lottery picks. Its starts this year. And try to hit a home run in 09 Free agency.

Im not knocking the Antoni hire. Really doesnt matter. THe talent needs to improve.

To me it doesnt matter whether you win 35 games or 15. The Knicks need to be putrid for a few more years and make good on their lottery picks. Its starts this year. And try to hit a home run in 09 Free agency.

Im not knocking the Antoni hire. Really doesnt matter. THe talent needs to improve.

They better win before 2010 because they don't have their pick that year.

Except that unlike Walsh, Layden had absolutely no idea what he was doing. Same goes for Isiah.

I'm not in love with the hire but I can see what Walsh is trying to do. The Knicks have guys who can score but can't play defense (Crawford, Randolph). One thing D'Antoni knows is offense. Only way the Knicks can get better with the current roster is to outscore teams.

The critical time for this organization is February 2010, the NBA trading deadline and Lebron, Dirk, Amare, Bosh and D-Wade all have opt-outs. Only way the Knicks can become a contender is if Walsh can get one of those guys.

Except that unlike Walsh, Layden had absolutely no idea what he was doing. Same goes for Isiah.

I'm not in love with the hire but I can see what Walsh is trying to do. The Knicks have guys who can score but can't play defense (Crawford, Randolph). One thing D'Antoni knows is offense. Only way the Knicks can get better with the current roster is to outscore teams.

The critical time for this organization is February 2010, the NBA trading deadline and Lebron, Dirk, Amare, Bosh and D-Wade all have opt-outs. Only way the Knicks can become a contender is if Walsh can get one of those guys.

Layden never had a plan to get under the cap or to do anything else. The way they get better before 2010 is if they hit with their lottery picks this and next year.

Layden never had a plan to get under the cap or to do anything else. The way they get better before 2010 is if they hit with their lottery picks this and next year.

The Knicks can get under the cap by 2010 if they let Marbury and Malik Rose's contracts expire next season and then the season after that let Richardson and Jerome James go bye bye.

As long as Walsh doesn't take on any stupid contracts the Knicks will be in prime position to get one of those franchise-type players in 2 years.

Archived