The official the world ends in 2012 thread

OJDidIt

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply
you obviously can't read can you? read, read again swamp ape.

ScottSwampApe1.jpg

That's like what, the 7th personal attack and insult here. If you can't have a conversation like a grown adult perhaps you should think about posting on a forum more suited to your intellectual capacity. I think Nickelodeon.com has a message board you'd be interested in.

ScottSwampApe1.jpg

That's like what, the 7th personal attack and insult here. If you can't have a conversation like a grown adult perhaps you should think about posting on a forum more suited to your intellectual capacity. I think Nickelodeon.com has a message board you'd be interested in.

hard to have a conversation with someone who doesn't read the previous posts.

Like those My Chemical Toilet fans?

I would think the people who believe that an ancient civilization that got bitched by the Spaniards were contacted by some aliens and were told that in 2012 the world is going to end.

Arsis if you want to live in a world full of fairy tales where everything will always be great, you're welcomed to live that blinded life.

Nostradamous also predcited Hitler, WW1&WW2 and 9/11.

http://www.world-mysteries.com/awr_5.htm

Read up.

The fact that you contiue to be so ignorant is laughable. They predict things on time, not just that it will happen anytime in the future of the world.

Also, pick up a Bible or something that has predicted many past events correctly as well.

I don't remember 9/11 happening at night. So I am not sure where Nostradamus predicted it.

When I was a kid in grammar school there was a date '83 or '84 and they said he predicted the world would end on that day. As far as I know it didn't end. So sorry for being skeptical.

I don't remember 9/11 happening at night. So I am not sure where Nostradamus predicted it.

When I was a kid in grammar school there was a date '83 or '84 and they said he predicted the world would end on that day. As far as I know it didn't end. So sorry for being skeptical.

You're going to do your 10 mile run that day, aren't you?

the world wouldn't end, civilization would but the idea of 2012 is just a change in conciousness for the beings that survive. the earth is not going to end, but much of life on it would.

like a recharge.

the world wouldn't end, civilization would but the idea of 2012 is just a change in conciousness for the beings that survive. the earth is not going to end, but much of life on it would.

like a recharge.

I will be in the JetNation server room that day. I will emerge with the only surviving site on the interweb.

I will start myspace2 for all the other survivors. Honestly, I can't wait.

Dude -- enough with the personal insults.

I think I did a decent job staying civil when every one of his posts toward me was a person attack and insult. It's a classic sign that they have no leg to stand on in the debate/discussion. They attack the person rather than the idea.

I think I did a decent job staying civil when every one of his posts toward me was a person attack and insult. It's a classic sign that they have no leg to stand on in the debate/discussion. They attack the person rather than the idea.

no, i just like to irritate people at the same time :)

This whole Mayan prediction is completely false and fluff.

First of all, the Mayans never predicted that the world would end in 2012. In fact, they dont predict the world actually ending until approximately the year 22, 886 AD (Gregorian).

The December of 2012 date is when the current period on the Long Count calendar ends. After this period ends, a new one will begin, with each long count period representing approximately 5,125 years. This Long Count calendar continues to repeat itself until it reaches 26, 000 years, starting in August of 3114 BCE, approximately 22, 886 AD as stated above.

By no means did the Mayans predict that the world would end in 2012, it is a misintepretation that people have continued to spread because it sounds scary, or interesting, or whatever the case may be.

First of all, the Mayans never predicted that the world would end in 2012. In fact, they dont predict the world actually ending until approximately the year 22, 886 AD (Gregorian).

The December of 2012 date is when the current period on the Long Count calendar ends. After this period ends, a new one will begin, with each long count period representing approximately 5,125 years. This Long Count calendar continues to repeat itself until it reaches 26, 000 years, starting in August of 3114 BCE, approximately 22, 886 AD as stated above.

By no means did the Mayans predict that the world would end in 2012, it is a misintepretation that people have continued to spread because it sounds scary, or interesting, or whatever the case may be.

you are very correct, they never predicted the world would end. they only predicted the cycles and everything that goes along with it, including a change of conciousness for those who beings who continue to exist. it just so happens that many things seem to coincide with these cycles, including mass extinctions. i wonder what is happening right now? ;) its all about the cycles.

Good post, people like to spout nonsense and when you ask them to back up their claim they call you names. It's really a sad state of affairs in the world.

you are very correct, they never predicted the world would end. they only predicted a change of conciousness, and everything else that goes along with the cycles. it just so happens that mass extinctions seem to occur at this point in the cycles. i wonder what is happening right now? ;) its all about the cycles.

Not necessarily. They predicted that each period represented a period of growth or evolution of some form. This form of evolution, whatever it is, begins on the first day of the long count calendar (13.0.0.0.0), and ends on the final day (13.0.0.0.0.0). In other words, the changes, evolution, etc. are occuring CONSTANTLY, not overnight.

It is basically the theory of evolution - take away the science- and add in time periods.

Not necessarily. They predicted that each period represented a period of growth or evolution of some form. This form of evolution, whatever it is, begins on the first day of the long count calendar (13.0.0.0.0), and ends on the final day (13.0.0.0.0.0). In other words, the changes, evolution, etc. are occuring CONSTANTLY, not overnight.

It is basically the theory of evolution - take away the science- and add in time periods.

i would definitely agree with that. this is just a heightened time of such things, which just happens to coincide with the cycles. what is significant about the end of the long count calandar is the fact that many different cycles are all ending at the same time.

like you said, things don't change overnight. it is a definite gradual process, which i have already stated, has most likely already begun. just look at all of the extinctions within the past few decades.

Archived