Nets sign Jeff McInnis

faba

McInnis signs with Nets

Two-year, $7 million deal puts guard out of sign-and-trade talks

The Cavaliers' options at point guard are narrowing. Former starter Jeff McInnis agreed to a two-year, $7 million deal with the New Jersey Nets on Thursday, an NBA insider confirmed.

Looks like the Nets found their backup for Jason Kidd

Ugh. McInnis is a world-class douchebag that, hopefully, will chill out playing next to his homeboy Vince (both Tarheels). McInnis has been a total cancer everywhere he's been in the NBA. Lawrence Frank just inherited a total headcase. Still, I wasn't hopped up to sign Milt Palacio either.

Ugh. McInnis is a world-class douchebag that, hopefully, will chill out playing next to his homeboy Vince (both Tarheels). McInnis has been a total cancer everywhere he's been in the NBA. Lawrence Frank just inherited a total headcase. Still, I wasn't hopped up to sign Milt Palacio either.

I AGREE, TS ... agree with every word ... but I love the signing anyway

McInnis is an immensely talented player ... if you judge him on talent alone, the Nets just added YET ANOTHER bigtime player

On talent alone, he's better than every PG the Nets considered with the exception of Damon Stoudamire who would have costed the entire MLE ... better than Dooling as well, who they made a run at early

Now because the Nets have a good lockerroom ... mostly good guys who don't make any waves ... I suspect they have a "self-policing" lockerroom where you can accomodate one knucklehead and his teammates will keep him in check

Also, McInnis signed a one year deal ... no doubt to resurrect his repuation and look for a bigger deal next year, where he is paid according to his talent ... which was not going to happen this year because of the character concerns he created

So for those two reasons I believe Mac will be on his best behavior ... and if that be the case, the Nets added an immensely talented player at a bargain-basement price

So I love the move ... Nets are a legit contender and they just got even more talented off the bench

PS. At 6' 4" Mac can give the Nets minutes off the bench as a PG and a SG ... I like that as well ... he's a PG first, but he has the size and offensive game to take some minutes at SG as well

I dunno, Ham. The kid refused to play PG next to LeBron James last year. That sucks. I do agree that he's talented and better than Dooling by ALOT, and it will be awesome having a guy that can actually get to the rack off the dribble like he can, but he has to mature ALOT before the season get under way, IMO. The positive, I guess, is that they'll get Malik Allen or another big in here with the money they have left.

I dunno, Ham. The kid refused to play PG next to LeBron James last year. That sucks. I do agree that he's talented and better than Dooling by ALOT, and it will be awesome having a guy that can actually get to the rack off the dribble like he can, but he has to mature ALOT before the season get under way, IMO. The positive, I guess, is that they'll get Malik Allen or another big in here with the money they have left.

I can't argue that McInnis isn't a headcase. CAuse, he is. Just wait til he starts wearing his jersey inside out (or was it backwards? Whatever..)... J Kidd will have a reason to pimp slap someone then. And, VC might follow his bad habits too. Not saying that he's a follower, it's just that one bad apple spoils the bunch. I'd be weary.

Archived