Jets news and other football articles 6/25/08

Kentucky Jet

NFLPA SPENT $12,461 ON SHREDDING DOCUMENTS

Posted by Michael David Smith on June 24, 2008, 2:04 p.m.

Charles Chandler of the Charlotte Observer has taken a look at the annual financial filings that the NFL Players Association is required to submit to the U.S. Department of Labor, and he picks out this detail to focus on: The players

Where does Peltzman get the idea that Baker is a better blocker than Shockey?

I think people see good receiving numbers and assume that it means he's not much of a blocker. Then look at low receiving numbers and assume the opposite; that he must therefore be a punishing blocker.

Or maybe it's because Baker was 7 lbs heavier than Shockey on their respective draft days.

Baker is a mediocre blocker and a mediocre receiver.

Where does Peltzman get the idea that Baker is a better blocker than Shockey?

I think people see good receiving numbers and assume that it means he's not much of a blocker. Then look at low receiving numbers and assume the opposite; that he must therefore be a punishing blocker.

Or maybe it's because Baker was 7 lbs heavier than Shockey on their respective draft days.

Baker is a mediocre blocker and a mediocre receiver.

I know its a slow this time of year so Pelzman is looking for something to write.

Shockey with all his warts is a pretty good player.

How the heck did Baker suddenly become on the level of shockey?

If there was no contract dispute with him his name would hardly be mentioned this offseason.

The Giants could have done a lot better taking the Saints offer during the draft period.

Archived