Favre to the jets ???

jetsjets

Please, please, please Jets powers-that-be, work out a deal for Grandpa Favre. That would be more amusement than I deserve, and I would be very grateful.

Anyone that thinks Favre is still a top ten qb is smoking some really good stuff. But by all means, it would be fun to see you all proclaiming football nirvana only to come crashing down....;)

More like anyone who thinks Brett Favre is done is smoking some serious crack. Favre was one of the best Quarterbacks last season and still has plenty of talent yet. He doesn't have to win games by himself anymore in Green Bay, they now have substantial talent around him. The Jets offer not as much talent, but a damn good amount in Coles, Cotchery, Washington, Keller, Stuckey, Jones, Chatman and a solid Left Side of the Offensive Line to protect him and run the ball behind.

There is no way I want Brett Frave right now. Maybe 5-10 years ago. I dont understand fans reaction to Clemens. Cleary the sample we have is not big enough. He may suck, he may be great no one knows. Give him a chance to succeed or fail.

Please, please, please Jets powers-that-be, work out a deal for Grandpa Favre. That would be more amusement than I deserve, and I would be very grateful.

Anyone that thinks Favre is still a top ten qb is smoking some really good stuff. But by all means, it would be fun to see you all proclaiming football nirvana only to come crashing down....;)

1manning

2manning

3 brady

4garrard

5roethlesburger

6romo

7palmer

8garcia

9 bulger

thats all I can think of for QB's i'd rather have over FAvre

favre is still a top 10er.

in the NFL you need an effective QB to win, i'd rather have Favre over Rodgers

List the 10 that are better.

1manning

2manning

3 brady

4garrard

5roethlesburger

6romo

7palmer

8garcia

9 bulger

thats all I can think of for QB's i'd rather have over FAvre

favre is still a top 10er.

in the NFL you need an effective QB to win, i'd rather have Favre over Rodgers

First of all, although Eli is the QB of the reigning SB Champ giants - and was the one that threw the overthrown pass that was caught with a helmet - you have him higher than Brady? C'mon - you lose any credibility with that. Peyton, okay. Eli? Gimme' a break.

Otherwise I have no issue with that list - except for placement and the fact that you excluded Hasslebeck and Rivers (his playoff performance was great) - which drops Grandpa Favre to what? 13? - and that may be generous.

You are all in love with the Favre of 10 years ago. He'snot that Favre anymore. He has moments - but they over-shadow his suckdom. Let the fantasy go.

You are all in love with the Favre of 10 years ago. He'snot that Favre anymore. He has moments - but they over-shadow his suckdom. Let the fantasy go.

if brett favre throws 3 INT's in the first half of a game, and the packers are trailing 13-7 its no big deal

if rodgers throws 3 INT's in the first half and the packers are trailing 13-7, they are ALOT more nervous

if brett favre throws 3 INT's in the first half of a game, and the packers are trailing 13-7 its no big deal

if rodgers throws 3 INT's in the first half and the packers are trailing 13-7, they are ALOT more nervous

Doesn't mean they should be. History does not dictate the future when someone is a grandpa (as far as football age is concerned).

Doesn't mean they should be. History does not dictate the future when someone is a grandpa (as far as football age is concerned).

go look at Favre's TD-INT rates last year

compare them to other players

sure Peyton, Brady, Romo, Garrard, Big Ben may be on his par

but really, who else?

Favre's still got it. if he's in GB they win 12-14 games.

First of all, although Eli is the QB of the reigning SB Champ giants - and was the one that threw the overthrown pass that was caught with a helmet - you have him higher than Brady? C'mon - you lose any credibility with that. Peyton, okay. Eli? Gimme' a break.

Otherwise I have no issue with that list - except for placement and the fact that you excluded Hasslebeck and Rivers (his playoff performance was great) - which drops Grandpa Favre to what? 13? - and that may be generous.

Eli is better than Brady.

• 5 months later...

Archived