'Pregnant man' gives birth to baby girl

DHJF

I had no idea OJDidIt lives in Oregon.....

NEWSDAY.COM 4:04 PM EDT, July 3, 2008

A transgender man who made national news earlier this year when he revealed he was pregnant has given birth to a girl, ABC News reported.

Thomas Beatie, 34, who became pregnant through artificial insemination, gave birth Sunday to a healthy baby. The Oregon man was resting and healthy, according to ABC. The birth was natural.

Beatie, who was born a woman, kept his female sex organs.

"I actually opted not to do anything to my reproductive organs because I wanted to have a child one day," he told Oprah Winfrey earlier this year. "I see pregnancy as a process and it doesn't define who I am."

According to ABC, he was inseminated with a donor's sperm at his home by his wife. The device was described as similar to a syringe without the needle.

I don't see the big deal, women give birth to children everyday.

"According to ABC, he was inseminated with a donor's sperm at his home by his wife."

You don't find that part at least a little bit weird?

"According to ABC, he was inseminated with a donor's sperm at his home by his wife."

You don't find that part at least a little bit weird?

Don't get me wrong I find the whole thing a bit weird. I just don't like how they are making such a big deal about this lady giving birth. They try to call her a man but she isn't, end of story.

I had no idea OJDidIt lives in Oregon.....

NEWSDAY.COM 4:04 PM EDT, July 3, 2008

A transgender man who made national news earlier this year when he revealed he was pregnant has given birth to a girl, ABC News reported.

Thomas Beatie, 34, who became pregnant through artificial insemination, gave birth Sunday to a healthy baby. The Oregon man was resting and healthy, according to ABC. The birth was natural.

Beatie, who was born a woman, kept his female sex organs.

"I actually opted not to do anything to my reproductive organs because I wanted to have a child one day," he told Oprah Winfrey earlier this year. "I see pregnancy as a process and it doesn't define who I am."

According to ABC, he was inseminated with a donor's sperm at his home by his wife. The device was described as similar to a syringe without the needle.

Congrats OJDidIt.

Don't get me wrong I find the whole thing a bit weird. I just don't like how they are making such a big deal about this lady giving birth. They try to call her a man but she isn't, end of story.

if "it" has women parts its a woman.

if "it" has man parts its a man.

I dont care what "it" calls itself. Surprising it wasnt in Massachusetts.

if "it" has women parts its a woman.

if "it" has man parts its a man.

I dont care what "it" calls itself. Surprising it wasnt in Massachusetts.

Exactly. Hope the child is healthy, but given how much hormones the psycho mom is taking to pretend to be a man it's damn scary. And how is the child going to deal with that growing up? I know a family with 2 lesbians and the children seem pretty well adjusted, but this is so out there. And did anyone in authority stop and figure out how those hormones affected the baby in her womb?

Exactly. Hope the child is healthy, but given how much hormones the psycho mom is taking to pretend to be a man it's damn scary. And how is the child going to deal with that growing up? I know a family with 2 lesbians and the children seem pretty well adjusted, but this is so out there. And did anyone in authority stop and figure out how those hormones affected the baby in her womb?

no... why should they? :) They are hoping they will create a superbaby that wont need steroids to become the greatest HR hitter in baseball.

Archived