Chad... can he out throw Kellen?

ECURB

Penny's problem isnt the distance, it's how long it takes the ball to get there with all the air he has to put under the ball. Didnt I hear somewhere he needed a running start just to get those extra few yds?

NO they both started at the 45 and threw at the 50.

Im sure the reporter would have said something if Chad's spent that much more time in the air...

ROTFLMAO. He is also more durable, stronger, smarter, and can run a 4.3 40. And he had granite installed in place of all of his bones. He is also now 22 years old.

This week has been hysterical. Droves and droves of fans DESPERATE for football and anything to sift through and disect 100 different ways. All of it proving their point of view of course. Kellen sucks, see INTs. Chad Sucks, see check downs.

1 week in preseason ladies. We have all of August to go. Lets see where we stand in 2 weeks, 3 weeks, 1 month... I'll wake up tomorrow and the sky will not hav yet fallen.

NO they both started at the 45 and threw at the 50.

Im sure the reporter would have said something if Chad's spent that much more time in the air...

I thought I read a report where Chad dropped back about ten yds (getting good protection from that oline, a good sign), then took a a bit of a run and pt all of his strength behind the throw. I definately read it somewhere, just cant remember where, could have been a different play as well.

Regardless not looking too much into this I'm willing to bet if you told both QB's just to throw it as far as possible Kellen would win every time, too bad it doesnt necessarily equal success.

I thought I read a report where Chad dropped back about ten yds (getting good protection from that oline, a good sign), then took a a bit of a run and pt all of his strength behind the throw. I definately read it somewhere, just cant remember where, could have been a different play as well.

Regardless not looking too much into this I'm willing to bet if you told both QB's just to throw it as far as possible Kellen would win every time, too bad it doesnt necessarily equal success.

This was simply all the QB's lined up on their won 45 and throwing it (all releasing at about the 50)

ROTFLMAO. He is also more durable, stronger, smarter, and can run a 4.3 40. And he had granite installed in place of all of his bones. He is also now 22 years old.

This week has been hysterical. Droves and droves of fans DESPERATE for football and anything to sift through and disect 100 different ways. All of it proving their point of view of course. Kellen sucks, see INTs. Chad Sucks, see check downs.

1 week in preseason ladies. We have all of August to go. Lets see where we stand in 2 weeks, 3 weeks, 1 month... I'll wake up tomorrow and the sky will not hav yet fallen.

I'm waiting to see them live game action (I'll actually do it in person since I'm in the Cleveland area) before I make any decisions, If Kellen goes out and throws a few picks, then its a bad sign, or if Chad is being Chad, also bad.

Right now it's all stipulation we shouldnt take any of it so seriously, I totally agree.

This was simply all the QB's lined up on their won 45 and throwing it (all releasing at about the 50)

I guess it was a different situation, my bad.

Still not sold on this as being that big a deal, if he can do it consistently in games without putting 50 yds of air under the ball thats one thing (exagerating), but I doubt youd find one person who would believes that is actually possible, but its not his game anyway, he sticks too much to the dink and dunk that has frustrated us all for too long.

I'll take it off for you, but I didn't know that. Kobe posted it on here and I thought he made it up.

But because Chad 'is the best QB' I'll take it off.

He is the best QB the JETS have, Im not saying thats a great thing.... but it is true.

I don't believe that. And for me it's a little early to be retreating this season. Why not go for the upside, take a risk, dare to try for something more rather than fold up and play scared. What does this team have to lose?

Believe, on that day he threw it further.

I meant I don't believe that he's the best QB on this team. Too limited, too fragile, too much unknown on the other guys. Too many times Chad has shown me what he is not capable of.

I'll roll with the other guys and keep Chad as insurance in case I have an injury and need to punt a few games, he;s good in that hopefully he'd go .500 and stay afloat, all the while try to catch a few breaks and maybe gain an edge in W/L en route to playoffs. He's our Todd Collins.

I meant I don't believe that he's the best QB on this team. Too limited, too fragile, too much unknown on the other guys. Too many times Chad has shown me what he is not capable of.

I'll roll with the other guys and keep Chad as insurance in case I have an injury and need to punt a few games, he;s good in that hopefully he'd go .500 and stay afloat, all the while try to catch a few breaks and maybe gain an edge in W/L en route to playoffs. He's our Todd Collins.

Chad has an 02' maybe better caliber team... he is smarter, and worked on his technique... maybe this is his year finally... Mangini seems to think so... he keeps giving him every chance not to lose the job.

Chad has an 02' maybe better caliber team... he is smarter, and worked on his technique... maybe this is his year finally... Mangini seems to think so... he keeps giving him every chance not to lose the job.

:rl::rl:

Why are Jets fans so stubborn? Move on!

Chad's ball for sure took longer in the air to get to the endzone, the writer knows fans who arn't in love with one particular player have watched the games over the past year, two years, and realize the major difference in each of the two players' arms.

Pennington out threw Clemens on a Hail Mary ball ONCE, wow, he is amazing. We're going all the way.

:rl::rl:

Why are Jets fans so stubborn? Move on!

How many playoff games has Favre won since 2002?

(the answer is 2)

How many playoff games has Pennington won since 2002?

(the answer is 2)

Favre is not an upgrade... both QB's have failed to get it done in the last 6 years... dont waste a future player on him.

How many playoff games has Favre won since 2002?

(the answer is 2)

How many playoff games has Pennington won since 2002?

(the answer is 2)

Favre is not an upgrade... both QB's have failed to get it done in the last 6 years... dont waste a future player on him.

So that means he's not a better player? :rl:

So that means he's not a better player? :rl:

Is he?

Chad is too conservative and it comes back to haunt him...

Brett is too reckless and it comes back to haunt him....

They are both different players but both have issues holding them back from being successful...

Even if Favre is better, he is not so much better for this team that they should give up a David Harris NIck Mangold Kerry Rhodes for him to play here until he gets tired again.

Not to mention Chad give 120% to this team year round... Brett quit on his team.

Is he?

Chad is too conservative and it comes back to haunt him...

Brett is too reckless and it comes back to haunt him....

They are both different players but both have issues holding them back from being successful...

Even if Favre is better, he is not so much better for this team that they should give up a David Harris NIck Mangold Kerry Rhodes for him to play here until he gets tired again.

Not to mention Chad give 120% to this team year round... Brett quit on his team.

Brett Favre quit on his team? When?

Stating Favre and reckless in the same sentence is not a bad idea, but unlike a QB I'm familiar with, Favre shows consistence most of the time. Pennington prolly doesn't know how to spell that.

Brett Favre quit on his team? When?

Stating Favre and reckless in the same sentence is not a bad idea, but unlike a QB I'm familiar with, Favre shows consistence most of the time. Pennington prolly doesn't know how to spell that.

Favre has thrown more INT's than anybody in the last few years... he is reckless and washed up...

He quit on his team when he retired and came crawling back only to put them in a tough spot... he couldnt take the pressure, work outs, team meetings anymore so he quit... now he wants back in just for the glory of it... doesnt want to put in the work.

So Pennington has a future? I guarantee you Favre is more fit than Romo.

Pennington is done!!

I didnt say that... When did I say Pennington is the future?

I am saying dont risk losing a future player over a 1 year fix.

You wouldn't give up a 3rd or 4th rounder for Favre?

I would not risk losing one of these guys to rent Favre...

Leon Washington

Kerry Rhodes

Jerricho Cotchery

Chris Baker

Kareem McKenzie

Laveranues Coles

Jason Fabini

Ray Mickens

Mo Lewis

Leon Washington

Kerry Rhodes

Jerricho Cotchery

Chris Baker

Kareem McKenzie

Laveranues Coles

Jason Fabini

Ray Mickens

Mo Lewis

You got a point, I'll give you that, but when do you want to start winning?

When was the last time the Jets had a real QB that defenses were actually scared off? That defenses will actually adjust too, that defenses would worry?

This is pathetic, this franchise is cursed.

Leon Washington

Kerry Rhodes

Jerricho Cotchery

Chris Baker

Kareem McKenzie

Laveranues Coles

Jason Fabini

Ray Mickens

Mo Lewis

Ray Mickens does not belong on that list.:rl:

How about Justin Miller? Sound good?

In any event, I agree. Getting Favre would be like applying a band aid to a flesh wound. He is a 1-2 year stopgap. He is 39 years old, he is not a sure thing (remember, he missed the playoffs 3 consec. years prior to the 07 season), and he is most certainly not the future of this team.

The worst thing the Jets FO could do given the situation they are currently in, is trade a future pick for Favre, have him come in and be avg for a couple years, and then by the time we can develop another young guy to be our future... Coles, Faneca, Woody, Jenkins, and TJones will all be too old by then... And we'll need to start all over.

Penny's problem isnt the distance, it's how long it takes the ball to get there with all the air he has to put under the ball. Didnt I hear somewhere he needed a running start just to get those extra few yds?

It's a hail mary, isn't it supposed to stay in the air forever?

What probably happened is Clemens threw his too high.

everyone knows Im not a Clemens fan, but the guy does have a strong arm.

Archived