Kansas City Chiefs: Pennington will sign with Miami

Marino's in the Hall. Too bad Farve never won a championship in N.Y.

Marino never won a championship anywhere, in the NFL, maybe in High School or PeeWee.

Favre will be "in the Hall" as well and we'll see what he does in New York.

Don't get me wrong, I wanted Chad out. I wanted him traded before the draft (in retrospect, that really would've been nice). But I don't see him as "bad," as much as "limited." He's smart and efficient, but the physical tools are lacking. He checks down too early and often for my tastes. Any throw across the field is in danger of being an interception.

Still, he's better than a number of starters in this league - including anyone who may've won the job in Miami. He'll complete 66% of his passes. He'll get teams into FG range, and look boring doing it. He's an excellent soldier who'll give his all on every down, and he'll rally his teammates around him.

Absolutely bro - agree with all of the above. Aside from Chad's inability to functionally make a lot of the passes necessary to be a real threat, I believe the handcuffs he placed on the run game the last few years really hurt us more than a lot of fans realize. The stacked, cheating up, defenses would have hurt a team with a good O line - it killed us with our lousy line. Thats why as much as I respect Chad's efforts and contributions, I'd love to see him under center for teams I hate like the Phish and the Chowds. Especially with the defense we're building.

I always maintained, and still do, Chad Pennington is the 2nd best QB in the league before the ball is snapped. Unfortunately what happens after the ball is snapped plays largely into a QB's worth.

Archived