Hey Ian Kennedy

anskyruben

Looking back on it now, it was stupid not to make the trade. I would gladly send Hughes, Kennedy, Melky and a pack of condoms for him. Who knew...

I'm still very weary of Santana. His ERA wouldn't be nearly as good here as it is in the NL. His strikeout rate is down, walk rate is up, and he still gives up way too many homers. You cannot judge this trade on this year, anyway, because it wasn't about this year for the Yankees.

Kennedy wasn't the sticking point in the Santana trade, Hughes was.

If I am not mistaken, the Yankees had originally offered Hughes and Cabrera for Santana. I think Hankenstein had plastered that all over the tabloids as the final offer. The thing was the twins wanted Kennedy in that trade as well and that was the sticking point. Someone correct me if I am wrong.

Second point, Santana has been pretty much as good as advertised. His Ks are down, but the guy should have 15 wins now. The Mets bullpen has blown at least 6 leads Santana has handed to them 7 inning and on. But for whatever reason, the Mets don't score for him, and the Pen can't pitch to save their own asses when Santana is on.

Archived