Why Do People Take Favre's Retirement/Unretirement Personally?

kelticwizard

I've heard a lot of this. People saying they used to be a Favre fan before he went back on his word and unretired. Now they have no respect for him.

My question is, do these people think they were personally promised something by Favre? Sure he announced his retirement. He no doubt felt exhausted at the end of last season. Then after a few weeks of personal massage and Jacuzzi baths, the ol' bod came back and he figured he wanted to give it a shot.

Doesn't he have the right to try for one more SuperBowl before age takes his chances away permanently? Why are these people walking around with a sense of personal betrayal by Favre's unretirement?

I've heard a lot of this. People saying they used to be a Favre fan before he went back on his word and unretired. Now they have no respect for him.

My question is, do these people think they were personally promised something by Favre? Sure he announced his retirement. He no doubt felt exhausted at the end of last season. Then after a few weeks of personal massage and Jacuzzi baths, the ol' bod came back and he figured he wanted to give it a shot.

Doesn't he have the right to try for one more SuperBowl before age takes his chances away permanently? Why are these people walking around with a sense of personal betrayal by Favre's unretirement?

Well he kind of held the Packers hostage twice, if he does that sh*t to the Jets, I am going to take it personal as I should that's my purgative, and I don't blame a Packers fan if he is offended.

I really don't see how he held the Packers hostage at all, considering that he requested they give him his unconditional release.

If the Packers wanted him on the team, then Brett was ready to return to the team. If the Packers didn't want him on the team, then they just could have cut him and said, "See ya later".

So where was the problem????

because its sports and we take it personally. We want to think and believe these guys care about us and our team, not the money, glory, fame.

In Favre's case, he quit on the team and the fans. He pulled this crap last season also. If he gave a sh!t he would have made his decision before the draft so it wouldnt affect the team strategy draft day. But no, Brett only cares about Brett. And the Packers would have been stupid to grant him his release. He was a valuable commodity. Teams wanted him. You dont give away something of value for nothing.

The way he handled himself in this situation was crap. Fans of Green Bay, who had him as their idol should feel betrayed because he puts himself above the team and every other player.

Favre has every right to act like a dooshie. And the fans have every right to be mad that he quit on them then decided to come back when the team had already moved on.

And the Packers would have been stupid to grant him his release. He was a valuable commodity. Teams wanted him. You dont give away something of value for nothing.

So the Packers' position is that Favre is not good enough to be on their team, but too good to let someone else have him on their team.

Does that make sense to you?

I really don't see how he held the Packers hostage at all, considering that he requested they give him his unconditional release.

If the Packers wanted him on the team, then Brett was ready to return to the team. If the Packers didn't want him on the team, then they just could have cut him and said, "See ya later".

So where was the problem????

This all started about 5 years ago. They practially had to beg him to come back every season. Then they finally give up and draft their qb of the future and he comes back again. This crap has been a long time in the making. This dude is going to be 65 years old and talking about coming back just so people don't stop talking about him.

Archived