Bengals cut T Willie Anderson

Surprising move.

BENGALS CUT WILLIE ANDERSON

Posted by Michael David Smith on August 30, 2008, 3:51 p.m. EDT

We reported this afternoon that the Cincinnati Bengals asked tackle Willie Anderson to take a pay cut, and now we know Anderson

the jets have the same need for him that the pats do, depth

He's still good enough that he's not going anywhere to play second fiddle. He'll be a starter. It would seem kind of foolish to have a first round pick or overpaid/overweight guard converted to tackle sitting on the bench wouldn't it?

He's still good enough that he's not going anywhere to play second fiddle. He'll be a starter. It would seem kind of foolish to have a first round pick or overpaid/overweight guard converted to tackle sitting on the bench wouldn't it?

IF, he's still good enough to be a starter then i will agree with your argument. i just can't see that considering Cinci needs help on the o-line

IF, he's still good enough to be a starter then i will agree with your argument. i just can't see that considering Cinci needs help on the o-line

It came down to him not wanting to take a paycut. He's older and just coming off of an injury and probably not playing at the level that he was originally paid for. If I was playing for the Bengals I wouldn't take a paycut either. :lol:

Archived